Three // Scrap That

You woke up to your alarm ringing fervently in your ear and quickly shut it off, stretching slightly. Everything in your body ached and you realized you were on the carpeted floor, a small blanket over you, an imprint of your rug coated your arm. You shiver, your apartment feels freezing cold against your waking skin.

Shit, if you were cold you could only imagine how the turtles were doing. You checked the thermostat, it was set to 75°. Maybe you were coming down with a cold.

You opened your fridge, looking at the few edible things you had. Normally you’d eat leftovers for a week, but considering you were feeding five people, this was gonna be difficult. You’d have to work overtime. Groaning you opened the freezer, seeing some frozen pizza you were planning on eating tonight. But, you had guests, and you knew they really liked pizza.

It was just cheese, but you threw it into the oven anyway, reading the box and preparing some coffee. You had a feeling at least two turtles enjoyed it, and at the very least it was caffeinated, no matter how you felt about it.

The first to rise was Mikey, summoned by the smell of dough and cheese baking in the oven. He started chatting with you, showing you some of the drawings he made last night. They were all abstract, but you could see the concepts behind them. They were shockingly good.

While he talked you grabbed him a cup of water. Handing it to him as the time for the pizza went off. You pulled the store-bought goodness out of the oven, placing it on the stove-top to cool.

Next Leo woke, he had some bruises scattered across his body, one was placed right on his jaw. For some reason seeing him hurt made you panic. You wrote it off as concern for an acquaintance and immediately grabbed a bag and filled it with ice, handing it to him so he could ease the pain of the one on his face.

Mikey had run off to go draw on the couch that Leo had so kindly vacated and left you and his brother in the kitchen together.

“Do any of those hurt?” you questioned, examining the bruises you could see. None of them looked terribly bad, but a few were already healing, meaning they were probably gonna ache for a few days.

“Nah, just the one on my beautiful mug.”

You roll your eyes playfully, watching as he shifts to sit on the counter, nearly falling when one of the bruises on his leg hits the counter. Immediately you rush to his side and help him to sit down on the small bit of faux rock.

He smiles down at you, looking into your eyes. Attempting to regain his composure, Leo began to say something, but you were over by the pizza, checking on it, not watching as he attempted to speak.

“Wow, we’ve not even gone on a date yet and you’re falling for me.”

You spoke, giving him a satirical smile wink before turning around to shuffle through a drawer for your pizza cutter (You were a TMNT fan, you spared no expense on your pizza accouterments). Leo sat in stunned silence, very happy his reptilian DNA made him unable to flush at comments just like that.

When you turned around again to face the island in your kitchen of which the pizza sat on, Leo was right in front of you. Facing you, across the corner of the granite island separating your kitchen and your living room

“Well then I think you’re an angel cus you caught me.”

You smiled, knowing what he meant, but still having to tell him that wasn’t much of a compliment.