Fourteen // Proditiophobia

Eight months, two weeks, four days

Leo pulled on a black hoodie and threw on the leather jacket you had bought him months ago. You put your matching jacket on and smiled as you put your camera over your shoulder. The three boys and Tanya all looked at you two expectantly.

“Well? What are you waiting for? It’s your first official, just you two, outside world, date! Get out the door!”

She waves her hands, ushering you both out the door. Holding the door to close it.

“Thanks for hanging out with them Tanya, we really appreciate it.”

“I mean they aren’t five so I doubt it will be much of a problem, I’ll probably order pizza and ice cream and put on a show.”

“So…” you trail off, smiling at her. “They are five?”

She sighs dejectedly, nodding and laughing a little.

“They’re five-year-olds in teenage bodies.”

You wrap her in a hug quickly and then shoo her back inside.

“Go have fun, next time you and Raph are going out on your own.”

She rolls her eyes, smiling at you as you shut the door. When it closes she turns around, looking at the boys bickering over something in a video game. She breathes in.

“Okay!” She shouts, causing the boys to look at her as she claps her hands together. “Which one of you little shits wants pizza?”

The boys all shout and run over to her as she pulls up the Pizza-hut app on her phone, a wide grin on her face, she’d never felt more at home.

//

“Okay so your favorite flavor is either whatever coffee flavor the shop has, or mint-chip?”

Leo shrugs, taking another lick of his ice-cream.

“Well yeah,” You look at him, giggling a little at the mess he’s made on his face. “Mint-chip is a classic, and coffee ice cream just works, it’s like it's meant to be.”

You smile and wipe a little of the treat off his face, licking it off your finger.

“I see what you mean, coffee ice-cream does work really well.”

He smiles at your small action, taking your free hand in his.

“Yeah, well it’s all the fundamentals of a good cup of coffee. It’s got that coffee taste, with the perfect amount of cream to make it golden, and then just the right amount of sugar.”

You look at the sidewalk due to his response. It's always adorable when he gets so excited about small things like ice-cream flavors.

His eyes widen as you approach a park. You camera tapping lightly against your leg as Leo drags you along, a grin on his face as you both sit on the empty swings. He just sways a bit with you in his company as he continues devouring his ice-cream. You snap a quick photo, it was funny, the streetlamp above his head gave him a halo of warm city light.