Sixteen // Home

Ten months, three weeks, six days

You have to admit, it’s more than anxiety-inducing to watch as the boys can’t conjure so much as a spark with their powers. You watch as slowly Donnie and Raph (who can’t do anything but give pep-talks and boost morale) became fed-up, and start bickering with the other two.

About five minutes into the useless argument, you grab one of Leo’s Katana out of its sheath and begin practicing some of what he’d taught you. It was something to do other than stand and listen. When the sound of their vocalizations grow dim, you turn around.

There before you is a sparkling mass of blue. You jump backwards, clutching the weapon tightly in your hands. Before letting them fall as the katana flee’s your grip and lands on the floor.

The boys all move to stand behind you and Leo stands beside you, bewildered.

“How did you… do that?”

You shrug, wide eyed, confused. It felt like you were staring at the four when they first showed up in your living room. He see’s how tense you grow and places a hand on your shoulder. Instantaneously orange sparks light around the portal and you see figures forming in the terrifying mass. They’re a little blurry, but you know who they are, you’ve seen them hundreds of times before.

One holds a green bat at the ready, and the other stands, prepared to kick your ass. You lift your hands up, showing you’re not a threat. You watch as they take a couple breaths, and note the way their posture shifts as they recognize your surroundings. Mostly the four surrounding you.

Leo’s hand squeezes your  shoulder as you refuse to look away from the two inside the portal. He speaks calmly, the fear evident in his voice.

“Amor, ¿qué pasa?”

Your eyes never leave the two in the portal as April drops her bat, and Splinter's arms fall to his sides. They recognize the familiar cadence of Leo’s speech, that’s when questions begin bursting from them as they approach the portal. You look to the four for help, but they all give you quizzical looks.

They couldn’t see into the portal. Hear what the other two were saying. You’re the bridge between their two worlds, and you take a deep breath. This was gonna be hectic.

“The boys are okay. I promise. I’ve done everything I can to protect them.”

“You’ve protected my sons?”

You nod, putting your hands by your sides. Smiling a little.

“They’re all a hassle, especially Leo. But yeah.”

You feel as your body becomes heavier. Your mind a little foggier.

“And Donnie hasn’t committed any crimes right?”

You shake your head at April.

“Not as far as I know.”

“What about Raph? Mikey?”

“Both are fine. Mikey’s has had a little more freedom here, and Raph’s working on letting them all grow up.”

You glance at all of them.

“They’ve uh…” You pause, stuttering a little. You couldn’t tell them they’ve accepted you into the family. “They’ve really fit in here.”

You watch as the portal shrinks a little as you close your eyes. Opening them quickly, you look at the two on the other end.

“They love you both very much, they’re on their way back. I promise you that.”

Splinter looks at you through the portal, eyes pleasing with you.

“Please. Get them home safe.”

You nod as the portal closes. The boys all rushing to your side as you stumble a little, a wave of sleepiness running over you. You fall into Leo a little and he wraps his arms firmly around you.

“Woah, what was that? Who were you talking to through that portal?”

“Splints and April. I said,” you let out a yawn, covering your mouth with your hand as your jaw cranks open, and shuts again. You rest your head onto the soft fabric of Leo’s hoodie, and smile softly. “You’d be home soon.” You rub your face into the soft fabric and feel your mind drifting off elsewhere.

He hums in response and picks you up. Still in awe with the portal you had created, and entirely understanding that you were crashing. Frankly portaling long distances took a lot out of him too. He could only imagine what opening a portal between universes did.

He carries you down to your apartment and lays you down on your bed, smiling a little when you grab his sleeve. Tugging on it a little.

“Where are you going?” You mumble, pulling the hoodie sleeve close to your body, making him laugh a little as he moves closer, trying his best not to stretch the fabric. “I was gonna let you rest.”

You tighten your grip on the sleeve, and he lets out an airy chuckle. Sitting next to you and slipping his arm back into the hoodie's sleeve, smiling when your hand holds his tightly. He shifts to lay next to you, and buries his face in your neck, holding you close.

You smell like your body wash. Which he was not ashamed to admit he had (no matter how much he denied it to you) been stealing. It was better on you. The vanilla scent with the almost rainy-day undertones. It was fitting for you.

He just wanted another way to keep you with him when you weren’t by his side. He hated every second you weren't with him. He’d do anything to keep it just like this. He shifts a little and presses a kiss to the nape of your neck, smiling a little as you shiver. Pressing small kisses to the rest of your neck, eventually getting you so fed up you flip around on the bed and glare at him.

“What?”

You press your lips right where his jawline meets his neck, and feel as he melts. Grinning a little as you pepper light kisses to his neck. Eventually stopping and resting your head against his chest. He sighs a little, kissing the top of your head.

“See? Not fun.” You grumble into his chest.

He rolls his eyes, smiling and kissing your lips softly.

“We’re gonna have to disagree there, love.”

You smile, taking a deep breath and exhaling. Closing your eyes. You were gonna get these boys home in one piece.

Especially the one in your arms.