Six // Moon's Day Off

Leo felt like a hundred weights had been taken off of him, and then shortly replaced by a hundred new oddly shaped ones.

His brothers looked expectantly at him when he entered the apartment, but he just went and sat on the couch, eventually just splaying across it. Picking up a comic and starting to read the thin piece of literature, he needed a reprieve from the weight. Raph simply shrugs to the other two, shifting his attention to your television screen and continuing to play a pixelated farming game with Donnie.

Mikey however, knew something was up. Sitting beside Leo and making him put the comic down slowly. The youngest gave him a caring look, letting him know whatever he needed he was there for, and Leo pulled him into a hug. Crying softly into his brother's shoulder. Donnie, hearing soft sobs, tapped Raphael’s shoulder pointing to their brothers.

The two got up and joined the hug. Only making Leo cry harder. It was a while before he calmed down, but when he did, the other three sat, looking at their brother, they wanted him to know they were there for him.

“You wanna talk about it?” Raph asked softly, his brother nodded, but he didn’t know where to start. After a few minutes of Leo wiping his slowly falling tears. Mikey finally spoke up. Figuring the problem he was having was finding a question to answer.

“How did it go with Y/n?”

“Was it that obvious that I like them?”

Donnie laughed a little.

“I’ve only seen you bow that low when you’re looking at yourself in the mirror.”

Everyone chuckled a bit, Leo was starting to catch his breath, but it took at least a minute for him to keep talking in between heavy inhales and exhales, and trying to convince himself he could talk to his brothers.

“Promise you won’t pick on me?”

Mikey smiled nodding tenderly to his brother.

“Promise. Only the usual amount of brotherly picking.”

Leo took a shaky but mind-clearing breath.

“All I want to do is spend time with y/n, they feel like my everything.,” His brothers eyed him cautiously. Concern rolling over them.

“You guys are my family everything. You know that.”

The three released a collective breath and Leo continued, a faint grin on his lips.

“I’m scared to ask them out because I know I’ll have to go back. I couldn’t do that to them.”

He looks out of the kitchen window and at the stars and the moon in the sky.

They do it all in the darkness of night when we can’t see it.

“They’re the only universe I need, but they aren’t the universe that needs me.”

The three other boys snickered and he looked at his brothers, eyeing them all suspiciously.

“What?”

“ThEy’Re ThE oNlY uNiVeRsE i NeEd-”

Leo smiles and throws a pillow at Raph, the four end up doubling over laughing, Mikey looks at Leo with an earnest gaze.