Thirteen // The Trolley Problem

Seven months, a week, three days

“Just us tonight?” You question as you enter the apartment. Groceries hanging from your arms. You shut the door with your foot as Leo got up and graciously took quite a few of the bags off your arms. You smile a little. It always gave you a funny feeling when he did little things like this.

“I mean the other four are in the room fiddling with the contingency plan, So yeah. Basically.”

You start unloading the bags sprawled out across the island, all goes well for a few minutes, until Leo pulls you into a surprise hug. You gasp a little as you hit his hoodied plastron, glaring at his reflection in the window, crossing your arms, trying to get out of his hold.

“Leooooo.” You groan, failing to leave his grasp. Damn him being strong.

He giggles a little as he holds you close. Not letting you escape as you try to wiggle from his grasp.

“Leon, please I gotta finish with these groceries.”

He shakes his head.

“But I don't wanna let you go.” he whines.

“Well if you don’t let me go now, I guess I’m sleeping on the floor tonight.”

His arms release you instantly, and he pouts at you. Making you smirk as you start putting the items from the store away.

“You’re mean.”

You laugh a little at the petty insult, moving past him to put some perishable items into the fridge.

“Great comeback, love.” You say, giving him a kiss as you reach behind him and grab an extra bag of groceries he had unknowingly hidden. “Great use of your extensive vocabulary.”

You place the groceries on the kitchen counter beside the sink, and unload the last bag, smiling when you’re done.

“Now, what are we gonna do tonight?”

He grabs your hand suddenly and picks you up bridal style, you clutch onto his hoodie as he makes his way to the door, opening and closing it. Your breath catches in fear as you pull his hood over his head. Making him laugh.

“It's not funny!” You hiss, poking his chest. “Do you want to get caught?”

“We’re just going to the roof, Pumpkin.” He whispers back, hitting the call button for the elevator. You pause, taking a deep breath. He was so… idiotically uncautious sometimes. You sigh, it was just the roof.

You let out a deep exhale as you enter the elevator, praying no one happened to get into the elevator when you were with Leo. You couldn’t even remember if he had his sweats on or not.

“Calm down.” He whispers to you. “I’ve got my sweats, my sneakers, and my gloves on.” He flexes his fingers and you hear the fabric rub together. “It’s okay.”

You get to the floor without any more problems, and he sets you down on your own two feet. You wobble a little, but he takes your hand and leads you towards the door, unlocking it with your keys.

“You stole my keys?”

“You left them on the island countertop?” He says in the same accusatory tone, making you crack a sheepish smile.