Two // On Your Own

After a long night of work you really just wanted to pass out in your own bed. Only being reminded that four turtles were in your house when Mikey crushed you in another hug and Raph and Donnie approached you sheepishly.

Where was Leo?

“Please tell me that idiot didn’t go out alone?” You say, hopeful that he just broke something, that he was feeling sick, that his brothers had accidentally committed manslaughter even. Just that he didn’t leave the house, in a city he didn’t know, thus putting everyone currently in the house in danger.

When none of them spoke up you shook your head, storming towards your closet, grabbing clothing you thought would fit each of them. You didn’t really care what colors they were. “Alright keep your heads down and your hands in your pockets. We’re going to the car. If anyone asks about you, let me do the talking. When we get there Mikey gets front seat.”

The other two almost started arguing with you but you gave them sharp glares.

“His clothes are currently swallowing him whole. So he can just pull his hood over his face to hide. You both can’t.”

You took a deep breath and opened the door, marching to the elevator. Pressing the button to head to the parking garage.

“Hey Y/n! Didn’t know you had visitors kiddo!”

You jumped at the sound of your elderly neighbor's voice, but nodded.

“Hi Mx. Hawkham! These are my- my friends. The three of them need a place to crash while they're moving so I’m having them over for a bit.”

The neighbor gave you a craggy smile filled with kindness.

“Well you let me know if you need anything sweetheart. Bless your kind heart. Helping out friends in need like that.”

The elevator dinged and you shuffled everyone inside, smiling at them.

“Thank you Mx. Hawkham! See you soon!”

When the doors closed you let out a huff. Slouching against the elevator wall. The three looked at you and Mikey began to apologize for letting Leo go out. You put a hand up and smiled softly at the three.

“It’s okay. I should’ve said I’d take you guys to the scrapyard tomorrow, and show you around town. That might have satiated him.”

You rubbed your face. Sighing. Remembering he’s basically an oversized turtle-toddler and you had to either incentivise something to get him to do it, or present him with a different option altogether.

“It’s okay though. How long has he been gone?”

They all look at you in fear again, you slam your palm into your forehead.

“He’s been gone for hours?!”

“We didn’t want to bother you at work!”

You took in a deep breath, there wasn’t a point in letting your anxiety make you mad at the three. You were sure they had tried to convince him to stay. Of course he would have taken it as he wasn’t strong enough to go out on his own…

You let out a breath you didn’t know you were holding as you walked out of the elevator, putting on a good face for the three brothers. Filing into the small car. You all sat in silence as you pulled out of the driveway. Everyone looked intently out of their windows as you drove slowly down the street.