Nine // Jars

Three month, a week, two days

It wasn't exactly the date you wanted, but you were sick and the boys had been out a lot recently. So you were sat on the couch (which they had moved back to its original place in front of the television as it really wasn't in the way in the first place) curled into a blanket, drinking some tea as Leo and the boys made food in the kitchen, which scared you a little because the only one you knew could actually cook was Mikey.

You sniffled a little and grabbed the box of tissues on your blanket. Blowing your nose into one, placing the dirty tissue into the plastic bag beside the box. You feel a small kiss pressed to the back of your head as two hands rest on your shoulders. Leo places his head on your right shoulder.

"How are we feeling, Love?"

You rest your head against his and sniffle a little, over exaggeratedly groaning.

"That bad huh?"

He chuckles a bit as you just kinda sit there, trying to make the blanket wrap around your whole self. You're freezing, but according to the thermometer earlier, your fever had broken one-hundred. Leo lifts his head and massages your shoulders a little. Looking back at his brothers to see if they needed his help. They shooed him away, gesturing for him to join you.

He does, he practically hops over the couch and pulls your feverish self into him. Resting your burning body against his side, you shiver slightly as he shifts the blanket to cover you entirely. A small smile on his face.

"Leo, you'll get sick too." You whine, a little sad as you tried to push away from him.

"What if I told you, I don't care?"

You look up at him and narrow your eyes playfully.

"Hey don't narrow your eyes at me, you did the same thing when I was sick last month. Plus, I'm not passing up this chance to see you covered in blue."

He gestures to the blanket and you shove him a little, but rest against his side again, closing your eyes. Taking in his sickeningly sweet scent. You could have sworn he was stealing your body-wash, but every time you asked him about it he shook his head.

A knock at the door pulls you out of the intoxicated feeling, and you look up at it bewildered. You hadn't invited anyone over.

You looked between all four of the turtles and they ran into the room, throwing on their hoodies and sweatpants (Leo of course putting on the jacket you had bought him months ago). You went and opened the door to see Tanya, standing in your doorway, holding a starbucks cup, a stack of books, and a container full of baked goods.

"Here," She says, shoving the cup into your hands, you take one whiff of the tea and realize it's a medicine bomb. You didn't think they made these anymore. She pushes her way into your kitchen and looks around at the mess, seeing different types of food sizzling on the stove.

"Were you cooking for yourself? I swear if your boyfriend doesn't get his ass over here soon I'll punt him to pluto."

You giggle and sigh, contemplating whether or not to introduce the boys to her. You look towards your bedroom door as Tanya finishes cooking. You'd gotten to know Tanya over the last three months, you'd gotten her a job at the bookstore you worked at, and generally did everything together at work.