Chapter 58 - First Date

"Correct! Another point to Viviane and Medrauta!"

Medrauta leaned back in her seat as she gazed up at Viviane in awe. As it turned out, the quiz booth was being run by Trista and a few of her friends who were actually part of the academy's literature club.

Most of the other participants in the advanced quiz were members of that very club, yet none of them were able to acquire as many points as Viviane had. It seemed that every time a question was asked, Viviane had an answer for it, and her hand shot up with such speed that Medrauta knew she had to be enhancing her body with whatever technique Sakura had taught her.

It seemed slightly excessive to Medrauta given that she was the only contestant who was a knight, but she wasn't exactly complaining as her attention was totally captivated by the huge, goofy grin that adorned Viviane's face every time she got a question right.

"We're winning, Medrauta!" Viviane gushed gleefully as she returned to her seat beside the knight. "There's only ten questions left too! Do you think we'll be able to get them?"

"With the way you've been absolutely crushing the competition? They might as well declare you the winner already."

"Ehehe!"

After making the proper adjustments to the scoreboard, Trista addressed the contestants. "Alright! It looks like Lady Viviane and Dame Medrauta have pulled ahead of the crowd quite significantly, but don't worry! We're gonna give everyone a chance to catch up, 'cause this next question is gonna be worth ten points!"

There were ten pairs of contestants, and all of them leaned forward, giving Trista their full attention. Their eyes were focused and alert, and their dominant hands tense as they prepared to raise their hands with all the speed they could muster.

Even Viviane sat poised at the edge of her seat as if she were preparing to leap upwards the moment Trista finished asking the question. Among all this, Medrauta was the only one who seemed to be content with relaxing in her chair, leaning back as she watched Viviane enjoy herself.

Though she hadn't participated much in the actual activity, seeing Viviane happy and sharing in her moments of joy were far more important, and from Medrauta's perspective, far more enjoyable as well.

"Everyone ready?" Trista asked, allowing a lengthy pause to hang in the air even after all the contestants nodded. She smirked as suspense built up, choosing only to speak after it looked as though the contestants would literally explode from anticipation.

"What is the specific description of the Witch Queen's eyes in the original record of Emperor Soleil's biography?" The contestants hung on Trista's every word, but in the end, it was Viviane whose hand shot up first yet again.

"Lady Viviane!" Trista called, much to the chagrin of the other contestants. "Now, before you answer, I will warn you that this description must be given verbatim."

Viviane nodded and stood. "Y-Yes! The Witch Queen's eyes were 'blood red, like twin pools of finely aged wine.'"

"Oho! Is that your final answer?"

"No," Medrauta said, standing up before Viviane had the chance to nod.

"E-Eh!? Medrauta!?" Viviane exclaimed.

"Dame Medrauta! Looks like you aren't just here as a decoration, huh? Though, I don't recall you being much of a scholar in any case," Trista smirked. "Will you truly be able to help your lady, or will you only tarnish the victories she's earned so far? Only your answer will tell!"

Medrauta rolled her eyes at Trista's provocation. Thanks to her experience as a match announcer, Trista had managed to cultivate a rather magnetic charisma whenever conducting events as the host, allowing her to change the crowd's opinion with mere words.