• X •

A new woman entered the room. She was different than the other people he had come into contact with. Instead of the fur lined coats everyone had, she was wearing a long white lab coat. Her stern expression matched the tight, perfect bun her black hair had been pulled into, not one thing out of place on her body.

"Hello William," She said in just as stern a tone as she appeared, something was off-putting about just how monotone she was. He read her name tag, Dr. Farnham. He wasn't sure whether or not he believed this woman had a PhD. "You were brought here for a purpose. One which you are about to fulfill. It would be best for all of us if you cooperated."

Guards once again entered the room and grabbed hold of William, pulling him toward the table as he thrashed around in a desperate attempt to escape. Even though he made a valiant effort, even being able to free one of his wrists, it was just grabbed again and forced onto the metal table, strapped down and unable to move.

He continued to writhe against his restraints, desperately trying to escape whatever they were going to do to him. Whatever it was, it couldn't be good.

"William, we were aware that you needed to be physically enhanced, otherwise this procedure would likely have killed you. We would appreciate if you stopped struggling." Dr. Farnham spoke over the sounds of his struggle as he heard the door open again, this time with two guards carrying a small body by each arm, almost dragging it on the ground.

It was Senka.

She looked better than when he had seen her last, but still incredibly weak. She seemed to be unconscious, her black hair littered with brown streaks as she attempted to subconsciously fight her body's weakness.

"Sen..." Will whispered, his thrashing coming to a halt as he laid eyes on the poor girl being dropped to the ground as if she were a ragdoll.

"We will not hurt her if you cooperate, William. We just need you to comply." The doctor said in the same monotone voice she seemed to always carry.

A hatch in the ceiling opened above him, and what looked to be a large lightning rod came down from the ceiling. He heard a buzzing sound, as if something was being charged, and realized what was happening. They were going to electrocute him. He felt the electric buzz within himself he felt when channeling his powers. Though he hadn't used them in a while, he could feel them coming forward against his will. He looked over at senka one last time, her head still slumped over, hair covering her face. He looked up again at the rod, now sparking with green electric energy, before it began to hit him.

William screamed, harder than he ever had before. The sensation was not explainable, it felt like he was being struck by lightning in every single cell of his body. The pain was almost unbearable. He screamed until he couldn't, only the sound of the pulsing electricity filling the room as the doctor watched and took notes. The electricity hit his torso, crawling down to his feet and through his arms, up his head and into his eyes. The eyes hurt the worst. He felt like everything was being torn apart and put back together, like every cell was splitting and reforming itself, until he fell unconscious from the expense of his energy.