• XXII •

Aeron approached the blonde man who had caused her so much suffering. She heard yelling behind her, but didn't look. She knew the duo had it handled.

"Soldier." The man spoke. What Aeron had expected to be angry turned out to just sound...disappointed. "You were my greatest creation. My prized little girl, my best," He put his hands on her shoulders as her eyes filled with tears. He moved his hands to the strap of the gun across her shoulder, scooting it off.

Aeron spoke, her voice breaking. "Atyets," She stepped closer, looking almost in tears. Her face dropped. "Fuck off." She attacked, throwing the gun into her hands and hitting him everywhere she could think of.

"You don't want to do this, zolotse." He chastised, dodging her attacks with ease.

"You don't know how much I do." She attacked more fiercely, desperate to get one hit on him. She began to cry, a frenzy of emotions taking over her for the first time. She finally registered the gun in her hands as she took aim, shooting at him. He grabbed the barrel of the gun, jostling it out of her grip as she sobbed.

"Oh, zolotse, you always were too emotional."

Aeron recognised the danger she was in, beginning to run to attack again. She heard a loud shot ring out, too blinded by her emotions to notice where it went. She registered a pain in her side. She must have pulled a muscle. She reached him, grabbing the gun to point it downward, hitting his head. Her nose began to bleed as she inflicted as much pain on him as she could, hitting him in the chest, legs, head, and anywhere else she thought of. Eventually, she shot him in the chest. He finally hit the ground, she hadn't let him before, and she placed her foot onto his wound. He groaned in pain as her eyes once again clouded with tears.

"I am not your soldier." She brought the gun to his arm, shooting the limb off and leaving the man to bleed out. She collapsed, panting, the adrenaline wearing off as she registered the pain in her side again. She touched her hand to it, attempting to find what what was wrong. Her hand reappeared in front of her, completely covered in blood. Her energy finally ran out as her eyes rolled back, the last thing she hears being the sound of the two concerned teens that she had left to fight themselves.