• XIII •

William anticipated a fight. What he didn't anticipate was just how many people he would be fighting.

There were so many of them, more guards than he had ever seen all at once. If he had to count, he would estimate about 30.

"Stay behind me." The woman commanded. William saw that he wasn't in a place to argue and stepped back, on guard and ready to fight.

They came at them all at once, luckily none of them had guns. William had to stop himself from looking over at the redhead in awe. She was taking on 5 of them at a time, seeming completely relaxed as she took them down. The men stood no chance against the fast, sharp movements of her body.

Will was fighting the best he could, holding his own due to the training but quickly tiring out. He didn't know how much longer he could fight, but there were still about 20 of them left.

He looked over at the girl at just the right moment to see her recieve a punch in the face, her head reeling back as her nose began to bleed. Her hand came up to her face as her fingers brushed the blood away, her eyes opening and closing slower than usual. She was getting tired too, a single punch shouldn't have put her down that bad.

"Back up!" He couldn't tell if she was talking to him or the quickly approaching guards, but he could tell she wouldn't last much longer. Desperate for a solution, William looked down and thought. What could he do to get out of this?

As he stared at the floor, he got an idea. The floor was metal. Likely over concrete. If he could just-

He felt the pit of electricity in his stomach as he backed away with the redhead, and he became ready to take command.

"Get Senka. When I say jump, you jump as high and as long as you can." The redhead gave him a quizzical glance before realization shined in her eyes. She nodded, throwing Senka over her shoulder and getting behind him.

Will focused on drawing his power out, more than he had ever used before. The green sparks came from his hands, engulfing the hallway in a flourescent hue. He aimed at the floor.

"Jump!"

The redhead jumped as hard as she could as William shot a blast of electricity toward the floor.

The men tried to run, but he was faster. The electric energy slithered across the ground, Coming onto contact with the feet of the guards as they twitched from the energy coursing through them.

By the time the last one hit the ground, the lights above them had blown out and the redhead had landed back on the floor. William was tired, he just wanted to lay down. Maybe the bed in his cell wasn't so bad right now. The redhead had other plans as she pulled him back toward the exit, jostling William to alertness.

"Come on, we don't have much time." The redhead hissed, Senka still unconscious over her shoulder. Lucky.

The girl kicked open the large metal doors, and in blew a cold wind. William shielded his eyes from the sudden light, and they continued out of the building.