• XX •

William was awoken with a shake, almost hitting Aeron in the head when he jolted upwards.

"Jesus," Aeron exclaimed, ducking away from the possible impact.

Senka got up off the pillow she had made out of Will's lap, rubbing her eyes. They had been staying in the decrepit house for about a week, much to Aeron's dismay. She insisted they keep moving, wary that someone might be on their trail. Unfortunately, her suspicions were correct.

"I saw them." She said, almost too calmly. "They were on the road, asking if anyone has seen us. We need to move." The 'they' was what Aeron had dubbed the comp, short for compound, the building they were held at. She hadn't disclosed why she was there, but she was keeping them alive, so Will didn't ask questions, no matter how much he wanted to.

The statement had them wide awake in seconds. Luckily, the team didn't have anything of value they would need to pack, so after Aeron made sure the coast was clear they were out of the house.

They speedwalked to the road, Aeron's plan being to pick up a ride south as fast as they can. This time a man picked them up, he called himself Jeremy. He was around 40, they would guess by his size he wasn't the most in shape, and Aeron kept in her mind that if things were to go awry, he wouldn't be able to overpower them.

Aeron asked Jeremy to take them south, the direction he was already going, and then the car was shrouded in silence.

It was a strangely tense silence, Aeron once again in the passengers seat, side eyeing the driver. He seemed familiar to her, and she was trying to put her finger on it. Her eyes widened slightly in realization, and her subsequent attack was just slightly too slow for the driver as he swerved to a stop in the middle of the road, using his right hand to block Aeron and fight back.

William and Senka quickly left the car, Aeron following close behind, still in combat. The man she had thought would be easy to take down was giving her more trouble than she anticipated.

"Run!" Aeron yelled to the pair as she fought. She couldn't see them get captured again.

'What about you?" Will answered, instead running toward the fight in an attempt to aid her.

"What about  me?" Aeron kicked the man in the side of his head. He stumbled back for a moment.

Just then, another large car pulled up to the road, too large to be a civilian inconvenienced by the car's sudden stop. At least 50 men exited the vehicle, armed and ready to attack the group. Aeron's kick had knocked the man unconscious, and now the groups had come to a standstill. They were severely outnumbered, and unfortunately outmatched.

A man emerged from the crowd of soldiers. His thin physique stood out among them, the black jacket he wore contrasting their reds. However, he was taller than them, a sick smirk on his face as he stood, arms crossed in front of him. His hair was blonde, stopping at a point in the middle of his temples, leaving space for a scar to be seen across his left eye.

Aeron's eyes narrowed as she adopted a similar smirk.

"You brought this many to take us down? I'm flattered." Aeron's tone was confident and smooth, much like it was in Senka and William's first encounter with her. An unsettling sight as she stared at the lanky man before her.

"I don't repeat my mistakes." The man answered before addressing the soldiers. "Kill them."