• XXVII •

William was livid.

He stomped through the forest outside their house, sparks surfacing around his hands and head, as they did all those months ago when he first got mad with his powers. He had no need to use them recently, and the lack of use had caused it to become unstable and surface more often, the itch to use them growing within him, begging to be released.

And for once, William was happy to oblige.

He screamed, letting out a shockwave of electricity that blew back the trees around him, shaking the ground as if it was an earthquake. The green sparks rode through the ground and up the trees, rolling until they reached the tips of each branch. William only stopped when he ran out of breath. He dropped to his knees suddenly, the immense amount of energy he had just expelled weakening him for a moment.

Aeron and Senka heard the commotion, looking at each other in concern.

"Maybe we should go get him." Senka proposed, causing Aeron to shake her head.

"He needs to blow off some steam. If we go over there I don't know if he'd have enough control not to accidentally hurt one of us, if not both. Its best to leave him alone for now. He'll be back." Aeron hated to leave him like this. Senka reluctantly agreed, she knew Aeron was right no matter how much she didn't want her to be.

After the good scream session, catching his breath for a moment, William found himself on his feet again. The initial rage cleared, followed by a small wave of guilt. He had just walked out on them, on Aeron. On Senka. He knew deep down Aeron was right, but he didn't want to admit it. He was tired of running from an invisible evil. He began to walk back towards the house. After a few yards, he tripped over something. He assumed it was a tree root, until he looked down at the area he tripped on to see that it was black, and fabric. A leg. A leg attached to a person who was now on the ground, paralyzed and unconscious from his shockwave. A person with a coat that held an all too familiar symbol. An embroidered square on the left breast.

A comp guard.

He sprinted back to the house wanting to yell for Aeron and Senka but his previous screaming had shot his vocal chords so much he could barely manage a normal speaking voice. His pants caught on a tree branch, causing him to have to stop for a moment to free it.

That was the only opening they needed. Guards emerged from the trees, one immediately grabbing William's hands, previously occupied by his pantleg, pinning them behind his back before he and another guard tackled him to the ground. His energy was still weak, the green in his eyes only a faded ring around his pupil. William counted about 5 men before he was hit in the head with a hard object and rendered unconscious.