• XVIII •

William was awakened by a shuffling sound to his left, cracking his eyes open to see a dark, horned figure getting up from the floor and making her way outside.  Aeron was leaning against the wall. The girl never seemed to sleep.

"You know you dont have to sneak around." Aeron stated quietly, probably assuming William was still sleeping. "I know I cant stop you, I just dont want you getting yourself killed."

Senka didnt respond, exiting the shed soundlessly, not even her footfalls resonating.

Aeron sighed, "I know youre awake, Will. Go. You know you want to."

Will didnt have time to question how she knew, though he assumed he wasnt the most discrete about his awakeness. He quickly sat up, muttering an apology to Aeron as he headed out to follow her.

He wasn't stalking her, he was just making sure she was safe. Yeah, definitely. Not being creepy at all.

Senka still had a small tired limp to her as she moved further into a thick area of forest, stopping when she hit a small clearing.

Will ducked behind a tree, trying not to be seen by the fairy.

When she hit the center, she took a deep breath, seemingly readying herself for something.

Once again, William recognised the transformation of her hair from brown to black, her pupils dilating so much that they took up her entire eye, giving them a creepy darkness. She smiled as she held out her arms, and William noticed the shadows of the forest being pulled toward her. She seemed in her element, content, as she manipulated the shadows, swirling them in patterns all around herself. She wasnt actively doing anything, simply enjoying the feeling of the energy moving through her.

A smile cracked onto William's face as he watched, simple adoration in his mind. The display was beautiful. She was completely relaxed, eyes closed and breathing in the smells of the forest, her black hair cascading freely down her back as she let her head fall back.

William heard a rustling above him, a small squirrel rushing across the branches of the trees. It seemed fearful of Senka at first, but a small gesture from her caused it to rush over to her, jumping into her arms and rubbing its head in her neck like a cat. She giggled softly, amused by the creature, before letting it go and allowing it to jump off of her. It was clear she didn't want this moment to end, but she took a deep breath and let go of the power she had created. She looked far more lively now, her days in the light room slowly becoming more of a memory. William noticed her beginning to make her way back, and as quietly as he could ran back to the shed. It wasn't that he didn't want her to see him, he just didn't want her moment to be spoiled. Aeron was silent when he entered, a knowing smirk on her face. He fought the urge to tell her to shut up, fearing what she would do to him if he did, and sat down, waiting for Senka to return.

She reentered the cabin silently, assuming both of the occupants were asleep, which neither were. William stayed up to make sure she made it back OK, and Aeron just never seemed to sleep. Nevertheless, her silent footsteps ended as she slid down the wall, clearly happier, and drifted off.

Aeron's small smile was evident, even in the darkness of the room. Senka had never really liked her, understandable honestly, but she couldn't help but notice how much happier the use of her powers made her. A feeling rose in her stomach at the thought, one she wasn't used to feeling. And for once, she let it consume her. She felt awful for putting Senka and Will through that. She knew they never deserved it. No one did.