• XXIII •

William ran toward the redhead after she collapsed, pressing his hands to her side in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

Senka stood, shocked. She had never seen Aeron display such raw emotions.

The questions that hung in the air were almost palpable. Who was that man? Why did Aeron react like that? Why did she only attack him? Why did she fight him so... so brutally?

William hardly noticed when Senka moved his hands away, going into shock himself as he looked at the carnage around him. She used some of the little energy she had left to stop the bleeding, explaining that she could do more once she got her energy back. Right now, they all needed rest.

Especially Aeron, evidently.

After a few grueling minutes, the three were off of the road, laying down next to each other on a patch of grass under a tree. William and senka had ended up holding hands, neither minded. Knowing someone else was there was reassuring.

William welcomed the darkness of sleep when it came to him.

It was strange not to be woken up by Aeron, no jab to the side or snarky comment to start off his day. No sarcastic presence or remarks, just quiet.

He decided he didn't like it.

He sat up, his body aching from both the fight and the bad night of sleep. Senka was still sleeping, and he didnt want to disturb her just yet.

He walked over to the road, once again viewing the collapsed circle of guards that he and Senka had defeated together. They made a pretty good team, huh?

He saw a guard in the circle move. It seemed that they had somehow just knocked them unconscious. William was Weirdly relieved, he didnt kill anyone. He looked around the gruesome scene. Someone had to clean this up, and it wasn't going to be him.

William walked up to the guard he saw moving, tapping him with a quick jolt of electricity for good measure. He decided to take a page out of Aeron's book, putting on the toughest facade he could.

"Hey buddy," He began as the guard got his bearings. "It seems some of your friends here are asleep, mind taking them home for me?"

Turns out, the guards were cowards. After a quick look around he scurried to see who could wake up, carrying the ones who didn't into the large car they had taken there. They handled the blonde man's body with reverence, William guessed he was their superior. He walked back to the tree once they left, leaving the car they had hitchhiked in. Sick, free car.

Senka was awake, sitting next to Aeron and working on healing her more since sleeping had recovered some energy. William had to make her stop before she drained herself, reminding her that one night of sleep wasn't enough to fully heal her.

"She will wake up soon, though." Senka muttered, her cheeks red from embarrassment due to his scolding.

"Good, once she's up we will need to move again. They will probably take a while to recover, so we need a head start now."

Senka had noticed how Will stepped into Aeron's shoes. He was a natural leader. She hoped he wouldn't get used to bossing her around, though.