Chapter 70

Panicked campers soon swarmed around Chiron, demanding answers to their many questions.

Meanwhile, Armin stomped over to me and Claude, his face bright red with anger.

"Tell me what you know!" he shouted at us, glaring at Claude.

"Why do you expect us to know anything?" Claude replied tersely, crossing his arms.

"He said your mom sent her!" Armin shouted, "Speak! Now!" He pushed him in the chest, and Claude stumbled back a step. He uncrossed his arms, his eyes deadly.

"Don't touch me," he growled.

"Then tell me what's going on!" Armin shouted.

"I don't know," Claude said in a dangerously low voice.

"Don't lie to me!" Armin hissed.

"I don't know anything," he lied again.

They glared at each other.

Armin turned away first, running his hands through his hair and pacing in a circle.

"I have to go after her," he mumbled. "We all know Harle, she's been coming to camp for years! This is obviously some big mistake!"

"You're right," I said. "We need to go after them."

Armin stopped pacing and Claude turned his head to stare at me.

"And quickly," I added, ignoring Claude. "Before they get too far away."

"You're going to help me?" Armin asked, turning his head to stare hopefully into my eyes.

"Of course, I'm not just going to stand around and do nothing," I replied. There was more to it than that, but I wasn't sure if I could admit it yet. I had a feeling that my true identity would be revealed by the end of this adventure, anyhow, so I may as well assist him in sorting it all out before he changed his view of me.

"I knew I could count on you, Sherlock," he said, relief and determination in his voice. "Follow me." He walked past me, going toward the cabins. I glanced at Claude. He quickly shook his head no. A warning.

I walked after Armin.

"Sherlock!" Claude hissed, jumping in step beside me. "Are you crazy?!"

"Shut up," I whispered back. "And- and just... just leave me alone!" I walked faster and Claude fell behind.

"What's the plan, Armin?" I exclaimed up to him.

"I don't know yet, but I'll figure it out," he stated, staring straight ahead.

"Ooooookay..." I replied, "But, Armin, do you even know where to start? They could be anywhere by now. How will we find them?"

"We won't," he said, not looking at me. "But I know someone who can."

*

As we walked up to the Hecate cabin, we heard yelling coming from inside. Sorin sat on the porch steps, looking very despondent. I looked back at the door as the volume of the voices behind it escalated.

"Is that... Snorri and Patricia?" Armin said, confusion in his voice.

"Da," Sorin whispered quietly. I'm not sure that Armin heard the answer as he ran up the steps. I was quickly at his heels. He threw open the door and stepped inside. The voices silenced.