Chapter 25

I woke up the next morning at ten 'til ten. I was quickly up, but I didn’t have anything to pack or any reason to rush, so I sat on the edge of the bed for a long time.
    I thought about last night and the past few days. And then I found myself praying.
    “Oh mom, I can’t go back. I don’t want to. Can’t I stay here with dad? Aren’t I allowed any happiness in life?” I whispered, putting my face in my hands.
    I knew my sitting there praying wasn’t going to do any good, so I stood up and walked toward the door. I walked out in the main room, and there was Mrs. Hudson setting a tray of tea and biscuits down on a coffee table next to Sherlock, who sat in his leather chair. She smiled at me as I came in and said, “Good morning, dear.” And then she left the room, leaving the tea things with us.
    I pulled the wooden chair out from his desk and sat beside him; next to the tray of food.
    I was starving.
    I grabbed a biscuit, and then noticed there were two cups. I poured the tea into one, and then, as if sitting down to tea was the most natural thing in the world, I asked Sherlock, “Would you like some tea?”
    He nodded, folding his hands and staring straight ahead. I poured him a cup and then picked up mine. I tried it and it wasn’t bad, though I would’ve preferred coffee.
    Sherlock picked up his cup and also began to drink. We sat in relaxed silence for a long time, sipping our tea. But then, as the clock struck ten, I remembered that I was leaving in an hour. I looked down at my half full cup. It definitely seemed half empty to me.
    Sherlock looked at me suddenly.
    “Cecilia,” he said, looking back down at his cup.
    “Yes, dad?” I said. And then I realized what I had called him and bit my lip. He didn’t seem to notice this time, however.
    “I’ve been thinking it over,” he said, setting down his cup. “And, well… I think I could find a better use for the reward money than a plane ticket. If you need to contact the leaders of your camp, you can, and I can even speak to them if necessary.”
    I almost couldn’t believe my ears. I stared at him.
    “Are… are you saying you want me to stay?” I asked. He looked up at me.
    “Well, yes,” he said. “If you would like to, that is. If you want to go back to your camp, then by all means—“
    “No, no,” I said, “It’s just… I thought you didn’t believe me.”
    “I didn’t,” he said. “But facts and logic all point to the truth, which is you are my daughter, and you are telling the truth.”
    “You mean the DNA sample came back positive?”
    A small grin pulled at the edge of his mouth.
    “Yes.”
    I smiled.
    He cleared his throat and stood.
    “I thought I’d send you out shopping with Mrs. Hudson so I can get some work done,” he said. “The press is waiting for some answers about the case.”
    “Shopping?” I said, crinkling my nose.
    “You need more clothes than those you have on your back,” he said, matter-a-factly, “And a shower too, I think.”
    I smirked. He grabbed his coat and slipped it on.
    “I’ll be back soon,” he said, running his hand through his hair. “I’ll send Mrs. Hudson up.”
    I nodded, helping myself to another biscuit. He exited the flat without another word.
    But no more were necessary.
    I took a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling.
    He actually wants me to stay. Thank you, mom. I’ll never forget this.
    I enjoyed my biscuit and when I was done I went and took a shower, like Sherlock had suggested. I cleaned off my clothes as best as I could, but you almost couldn’t tell that my skinny jeans had once been white. I didn’t mind, though. I would be getting some new ones soon, anyway.
    I ran my fingers through my wet hair and then began to pull it into a ponytail as I walked through the bedroom and back out into the living room. Just then there was a knock at the door.
    “Come in!” I called. Mrs. Hudson walked in.
    “Hello!” she said excitedly. “Sherlock told me everything, I’m so happy for you both!”
    “I’m happy too,” I said, quietly.
    “I think having a daughter will be good for Sherlock,” she said, folding her hands. “It’s such an enlightening experience, having children, you know.”
    “I don’t, actually…” I mumbled, shifting weight.
    “And he told me I needed to take you shopping,” she said, suddenly noticing my attire. “We should probably get started right away, shouldn’t we? Is that the only pair of jeans you have?”
    I nodded.
    “Well, just let me grab my purse and touch up a bit, and we can go,” she said, heading back down the stairs. Once she was out of hearing, I sighed with relief and shut the door.
    I have to go shopping with her? I thought, frustratedly. She was a bumbling old woman, to say the least. Her kindness was touching, but that was the only thing I liked about her. It’s going to be a long day.
    I found, however, that I didn’t really mind. I was going to stay with my dad in London and never see Camp Jupiter again. I couldn’t have been happier.
    But then I heard a sound that killed the mood immediately.
    I whirled around and ran to the window. I looked out, and there, just a few houses down, was the TARDIS.
    “Darn it!” I whispered, pounding my fist on the window.
    I turned on my heel and ran toward the stairs. I dashed down the stairs and ignored Mrs. Hudson’s exclamations as I ran out the door.
    I forgot about the capture the flag game! I thought frustratedly as I stormed toward the TARDIS. I’ll just have to have him take me right back to this exact time and place once I’ve won… Oh gods. I paused just a few paces before the door, my heart beginning to pound. I remembered my promise to Nemesis. If I lose, she will… oh gods. I shook my head. No. I won’t lose.
    I straightened my shoulders and knocked on the TARDIS door.
    “Doctor!” I exclaimed. There was no answer.
    “Doctor! There’s been a slight change in plans, I’ll need one more trip after the game,” I shouted, pulling on the doors. They were unlocked. I hesitated and then walked inside.
    “Doctor? Amy? Rory?” I said as I walked in. But they weren’t there. One person stood at the control panel, and it wasn’t the Doctor.
    The doors slammed shut behind me and I flinched, but didn’t dare turn away.

*・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・

Hello, my dear readers!

I would like to apologize for not updating recently, things just got kind of crazy for me. But I'm back! And I am going to try and update more consistently and hopefully more frequently! But please, don't be afraid to whine and bug me if I'm taking forever. Just don't be afraid of talking to me in general! I love hearing from you guys! ^_^ So don't hesitate to comment or write a message on my wall!

Anyway, you all are awesome. <3 Thank you so much for reading this, and I hope you'll stay tuned... for as you can see, Cecilia's story isn't over yet...

Mwahahahaha.~Mary P.J.