Chapter 78

It was decided that I would head out with the Greeks the next morning. Reyna would bring my (very few) belongings over in a couple days, which would also give her a chance to check up on me.

I was a little bit sad for me, because I would never get to say goodbye to the place I had called home all my life. But it was time for change, and I accepted it wholeheartedly.

Especially because it included sleeping in the next day.

On the flight back to Camp Half-Blood I was seated in the front seat near the window with Annabeth and Percy, mostly because they were afraid that the other demigods from the camp wouldn't be too accepting of me yet. I continuously peeked over my shoulder during the flight, hoping to catch glimpses of anyone I knew. But I didn't.

When the long flight was finally over, I walked with the couple to the buses that were waiting to take us to the Camp. Annabeth told me that she had some old clothes that would fit me until mine arrived, and Percy told me all about the fun things I would do and cool people I would meet. I sat next to them on the bus ride there, and this time around I saw Harle and Armin in passing, which was somehow comforting to me, especially because they sat next to each other.

The ride to the Camp felt like an eternity, but eventually we got there. Everyone scrambled out of the bus in a mad rush, and I quickly followed, running ahead, but then pausing at the bottom of the hill. I waited for Mr. And Mrs. Jackson to catch up with me, and then walked with them.

"So, you're a daughter of Minerva, right?" Percy asked.

"Yes," I responded softly. "But she never claimed me..."

"Well, over here it's a rule that the gods have to claim their children A-S-A-P!" Percy exclaimed, somewhat proudly. I grinned because I knew why.

"We'll have to see what happens," Annabeth said as we made it to the top of the hill.

"Yeah, I guess so," I replied as we walked underneath the arch.

I stepped into Camp Half-Blood and there was a blinding, gold light. I winced and stepped back, and Percy let out a short cry.

I blinked my eyes rapidly, trying to ease the stinging. Gasps sounded from the demigods all around us, and I forced myself to look up.

A woman with a golden aura stood before us. She wore a flowing white dress and stared down at me with intense, gray eyes.

The goddess's identity was unmistakable.

She walked to stand in front of me, and my gaze moved from her face to her long, curly black hair.

"Cecilia," she greeted, gently, stopping in front of me. I looked into her eyes again.

"... Mom?"

She smiled a little and then stepped forward, pulling me into a hug.

Tears filled my eyes as I accepted the embrace.

"Welcome home, my daughter," she whispered in my ear. I sniffed and she hugged me tighter for another moment.

Athena stepped back and smiled over at Annabeth.

"Annabeth, my dear, you will show Cecilia to our cabin, and then, no, wait," she looked at me, raised her eyebrows, and then turned around to face the gathering of demigods who stared with wide eyes and opened mouths.

"Chiron!" she called.

"Yes, my lady," Chiron said, stepping forward from the crowd and bowing at the waist since he was in his wheelchair form.

"Do you know of a demigod named Claude Eberheart?"

"That's me!"

A boy stepped forward.

My heart nearly stopped when I saw him.

His eyes shown brightly in the afternoon sun, and tears overflowed my eyes when I saw his bright yellow skinny jeans and blue and white striped t-shirt. He smiled and bowed to Athena.

"How may I be of assistance, my lady?" he asked, cheerfully. Athena smiled at him.

"You will show my daughter around the camp and make sure she feels welcome, understand?" Athena commanded.

"Yes, ma'am!" Claude replied. And then he looked at me and smiled.

"Good! Then my work here is done." Athena turned toward me and put her hand on my shoulder. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood, Cecilia."

The demigods began to cheer and applaud. I smiled and wiped my eyes. Near the front of the crowd I saw Patricia and Snorri standing side by side, fingers intertwined. I smiled at them and Patricia waved, enthusiastically. Snorri nodded.

But then I heard his voice in my head.

"Ja, velcome, Sherlock."

I stared at him, and he winked.

Wait, does he-?

"I must go, but I trust you will all take good care of my daughter?" she emphasized again.

"We will, my lady," Chiron said, nodding his head.

"I hold you to your word. Goodbye, everyone. And goodbye, Cecilia. I hope to see you again soon."

I looked into her grey eyes again just as the light swallowed her and blinded me. I took a step back and shut my eyes. I rubbed them with my fists, and when I opened them again, a tall boy was standing in front of me.

"Hello Cecilia!" he exclaimed, grinning at me. He held out his hand. "My name is Claude!"

"Hi Claude," I replied, taking his hand.

"That was the most incredible claiming that I've ever seen! But anyway, your mom gave me a big responsibility, so I better get on it!" he giggled and my heart raced. "C'mon, let me show you around!"

He didn't release my hand but pulled me further into the camp.

And I knew in that moment that I was truly going to love it there.