Chapter 74

Camp Lokikan, Missouri, Friday at 1 PM.

The TARDIS whirred and settled, and I walked toward the door, my heart pounding. I could really only hope that it had taken me to the right time and place.

I untied my jacket from the door handles and slipped it on, staring at the door. Comprehending what I was about to do wasn't an option, so I threw open the doors and walked out. I stood in the middle of the forest, but to my left was a beaten path. I was near the top of a hill, and down at the bottom was a group of log buildings. Campers ran to and fro between the cabins in a strictly organized way, and I recognized the purple t-shirts nearly all of them wore. It was a sight for my sore eyes.

First I made sure the doors to the TARDIS were shut securely, and then I ran down the hill. As I sprinted into the camp, the demigods began to look at me. Some of them paused to stare. I had mixed emotions as I looked from face to face. But one emotion came that I hadn't truly felt in awhile: irritation.

"... Cecilia?"

I looked ahead to see Hazel running from the crowd, her eyes wide.

"Wha- where on earth have you been?!" she squeaked. When she stood before me she grabbed my arms, as if to assure herself that I was real.

It was good to see her.

I smiled, and she stiffened in surprise.

"It's a long story," I replied, my voice edged with chuckles. "But you know how you told me that everyone goes on a journey to discover who they are? Well, I just went on mine."

Hazel opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted.

"Cecilia?!"

I turned my head to see Reyna and Frank running out of the building. Frank's eyes grew wide as he stared at me. Reyna looked me over as she approached.

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!"

"Reyna! Good! I need to speak with you!" I exclaimed, turning to face her.

"I-I should say so!" she sputtered, angrily. "You have a lot of explaining to do! Where on earth have you been?! We thought you must've-"

"It's a long story," I said. "But there'll be time for that later- maybe- the Greeks are going to be here soon, and we have a game to win!"

"You have been missing for a week, Cecilia! Do you think I care about that right now?!" Reyna snapped, crossing her arms and glaring at me.

"If you knew what I know, you would!" I snapped back. "I will explain everything after the Capture the Flag game! Now, gather the counselors- I mean, centurions, whatever, and whoever else. I have a lot to catch you up on if we're going to win."

Reyna's face went blank, but her eyes didn't leave mine.

"Cecilia..." Frank broke the silence, going to stand behind Reyna. "Where... where on earth did you go?"

I sighed and looked at him.

"Do you believe in the possibility of time travel?" I asked, speaking not just to them but to all the confused demigods standing around us.

"Uh... What does that have to do with-?"

"You asked where I went," I said. "And I'll tell you truthfully that I went everywhere. I went back in time, and... and forward." I grabbed Reyna's shoulder and looked into her eyes. "You don't have to believe me, but please trust me when I say that this game is important."

Reyna took a deep breath and let it out slowly. She nodded slightly and then stepped to the side, gesturing toward the building behind her.

"And you know how to win it?" she asked, her dark eyes studying me.