Chapter 10

Dedicated to Maryn11, who has been an immense encouragement and wonderful writing buddy!

*・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚

I walked down the street, taking deep breaths to keep my nervous heart steady.
This is it. I'm actually going to meet him. I'm actually going to meet my dad! I came up to a black door with the numbers 221B above them and I stopped. I stood before the door for a long time. What would I say? How would he react?
Maybe this is a bad idea.
But then, I heard a strange sound, and I looked to see the TARDIS disappearing.
Well, I'm stuck here now. Might as well get it over with.
I marched up the steps and knocked on the door. A few second later, an older woman with short hair answered it.
"Hello dear, what can I do for you?" she said kindly.
"Does Sherlock Holmes live here?" I asked.
"Oh yes, he lives just upstairs. Please, come in."
I entered and she shut the door behind me. Inside was a cute little girl. She was no older than three and had blond hair and blue eyes. She smiled shyly at me.
"I'll be right back, dearie," the older woman said to her. "You stay right there."
"Yes, Messes Hudshon," the little girl said, folding her hands together.
"Good girl!"
The woman, Mrs. Hudson, I think, began to climb up a stairway just a few paces away.
"Follow me, if you please," she said to me.
I followed her up the stairs, waving goodbye to the little girl. She smiled at me and waved back.
"Mr. And Mrs. Watson are here visiting and that's their little girl. I'm looking after her while they visit. Though I'm sure they won't mind the interruption if you're one of Sherlock's clients," she said. "Are you a client?"
"Yes, you could say that," I mumbled. She knocked on the door at the top of the stairs, but then opened it without waiting for a reply.
"Sherlock? There's a client here to see you," she said.
"Wonderful, Mrs. Hudson! Send him in! I haven't had an interesting client in days," a man said, and I recognized the voice.
"I thought you said the client you helped yesterday was interesting," another man's voice said.
"Was that only yesterday? It feels like it's been an eternity," the rumbling voice replied. Mrs. Hudson gestured for me to enter and then walked back down the stairs. I watched her go, and then faced the doorway. Picking up my courage, I slowly walked into the room. The voices silenced when I walked in. Three people sat in the cluttered room that was piled high with books, papers, and jars full of things that I didn't care to dwell on. There was a man and woman sitting on the sofa. The middle aged man had graying blond hair and sat with his arm around a woman with short blond hair and blue eyes. She was pregnant and looked like she could be due any day. I figured they must be Mr. And Mrs. Watson, the parents of the little girl Mrs. Hudson was babysitting downstairs.
The third person I identified instantly.
It was easy, considering he looked like me.
He had curly black hair and piercing grayish blue eyes. Just like me.
I had seen pictures and videos of him multiple times, but now that I stood face to face with him, the resemblance was obvious. How did I not see it before?
He looked me up and down and I wondered how much he'd deduced about me already.
"Hello," he greeted, standing. "I am Sherlock Holmes. How can I help you?"
I was quiet, not sure what to say. He stared at me and I looked straight into his eyes. His face became dark.
"I am sure you know by now, Mr. Holmes, that I am not here about a case," I said.
"Who are you?" he said, his voice lowering. I took a deep breath and held out my hand. He took it.
"Cecilia. Warrior, conquering strategist, champion of demigods, and..." I hesitated, "Your daughter."
The silence that followed was eerie. Sherlock let go of my hand and scowled, looking me over again.
"Sherlock's daughter," Mrs. Watson repeated, doubt evident in her voice.
"Yes," I said, turning to look at them.
"You've got to be joking," Mr. Watson said, disbelief written all over his face.
"No, I'm not," I replied, firmly.
"You have a daughter and you never told us?" Mr. Watson said, looking past me to Sherlock.
"No!" Sherlock said, indignantly. "I've never seen this girl before in my life."
I faced him.
"You're not my daughter," he repeated, pointing at me.
"Yes, I am."
"No, you're not!"
"Yes I am!"
"She looks like she could be," Mrs. Watson mumbled.
"She isn't my daughter!" he exclaimed, and then said, gesturing to me, "You think you can just come in here and... and... claim to be...?" Sherlock never finished, obviously flustered. "I've never seen you before in my life!"
"No, you haven't," I confirmed, calmly.
"Then HOW can you claim to be my daughter?" Sherlock yelled. I winced inwardly. This wasn't going very well.
"Well?" he said, his voice much calmer. I didn't know what to say, so I stayed silent. How in Hades am I supposed to explain this to him?
"Oh, oh I see," he said with an exasperated sigh. "You're an actor and this is just another publicity stunt."
"No!" I exclaimed, quickly, "I—"
"You're trying to use me to bring yourself fame."
"No! No!" I said, my anger rising. "If you'd just listen, I'd—"
"I don't want to hear it!" he roared. "This is absurd! I've never had a child and I never will have a child! Do you hear me? Get out, you liar!"
"I am not lying!" I screamed back. "And you know it! You know it! You're just choosing to remain blind to what you don't want to accept! Do you really believe I would've come this far just to lie to you?"
He glared at me silently, but I could see confusion in his eyes.
"Please, just give me a chance," I said. He began to circle me. I folded my hands and waited patiently while he examined me. Mr. And Mrs. Watson just stared.
"Well, Sherlock?" Mr. Watson said. "Is she telling the truth?"
"She's from America," he said, not exactly answering the question. "She's had years of physical training. She's been in of combat before and... just recently she was mucking out a barn."
I nodded to confirm his deductions, smirking at the last one.
"Yes, but is she telling the truth?" Mr. Watson repeated. Sherlock didn't answer but came to stand in front of me. He stared at me, blankly,
"Well?" he said, "I'm giving you your chance. You'd better take it."

*・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・゜゚・*:.。.:**・

Author's Note:

*GASP* What is Cecilia supposed to say to that? How will she ever convince him she's his daughter?!

Sorry it's been so long since I last updated! Life's been busy and I haven't had too much time for writing. Hopefully I will get back into the swing of things soon! :)

Thanks you all so much for reading and I hope you will continue to comment and vote!! It completely makes my day and motivates me to update sooner. ^.~ *hint hint*

I love you all! Keep being awesome!

~Mary P.J.