𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

-kaia's pov-

...

i grab a box and head downstairs, throwing it into the mover's truck. i won't have my shit till the 13th but i guess that's cool. i have my essentials in my duffel.

i spent my last day in new york with kiara, going to all my favorite places, saying bye to the worker friends i made at the corner stores.

leaving new york is gonna be hard but i'm so ready for it.

i texted my mom, telling her i'd be moving but no response. nothing new.

kiara drops the last box into the truck, taking a deep breath. "you ready?" she said and i nod. we get in my car and start to drive to the airport.

at this point its 5:16am meaning it's way too early for human interaction. therefore, i sit in my seat, one hand on the wheel, playing music lowly on the radio.

"we have time for coffee?" i break the silence and kiara nods. i pull into a dunkin' driveway and order my iced coffee, kiara ordering hers. we get our coffee and drive away.

"let me crawl inside your veins..
i'll build a wall give you a ball and chain.
it's not like me to be so mean, you're all i wanted.
just let me hold you, like a hostage."

is that the same girl i keep hearing on the radio? i like her music, i wonder who she is.

we approach the airport and we grab our bags out my trunk, leaving the keys to the valet. won't have my car till the 13th either.. they better be careful with my baby.

we walk in the airport, finding our gate. we have about 10 minutes until they start boarding so i put in my headphones, listening to music while we wait.

"yo, k, i'm going to get a sandwich at subway.. you want?" ki asks and i nod. "just turkey and cheese with mayo please." i tell her and she walks away.

just as she gets back, we hear an announcement on the pa.

"flight 653 to los angeles, boarding now."

we grab our bags and walk through the corridor, boarding the plane.

i pray as they announce takeoff. i've always been afraid of planes but somehow always end up on one.

as we takeoff, i close my eyes and let myself drift to sleep.

-

"...LAX airport, approaching now." i hear over the intercom as i open my eyes. that sleep hit hard.

i grab my bag from the overhead storage and walk off the plane.

immediately, i'm swarmed with people. its too hot for this shit.

we walk out the doors of the airport, "holy shit i'm in los angeles." i said in awe as i see the hollywood sign. "ki, we're in fucking los angeles bro.." i say hitting her arm. "yes, i know. did they drug your coffee..?" she laughed and i rolled my eyes.

-

after we uber to my new landlord and retrieve my key, its time to finally see my new apartment for the first time.

7a.. 7a..

i find the door and take a deep breath before looking at kiara with a huge smile on my face.

"i'm nervous, kiiiii!" i squeal and she laughs.

"c'mon bitch i'm just as curious as you, open the shit!" she says, shoving me lightly. i shake my hands before i put the key in place, turning it in the lock..

i open it and run inside.. there's so much room.

i can't believe this is really my apartment. my own apartment in los angeles.

"oh my goddddd!!!" i squeal, looking at ki with a huge smile as she returns the same actions.

i set my bag down in the master bedroom and start looking around, exploring my new home.

"i'm so fucking happy, thank you so much i love you." i hug kiara. i wouldn't be here without her..

-

i get out of my seat, heading to myyy door, opening it for the delivery man.

first dinner in my new home!!

me and kiara decided on chinese and she said she'd stay in the guest room for the first night.

"thank youuuu!!" i smile as i grab the bag from the man, handing him $37 cash. as i set it down on the table i hear a knock on the door.. maybe he forgot to give us something?

i open the door and my jaw dropped. i swear my heart skipped a beat.

"billie..?" i say in a lost tone. "oh.. kaia.." she says, smiling softly. "the fuck are you doing here, you said you were going home like 3 days ago.."i said, furrowing my eyebrows.

"i am home, love." she smiles. "oh?" i tilt my head. "mhm.. what are you doing here ms new york?" she questions.

"oh.. well this is my home." i smile. "oh, really neighbor?" she says, nudging my arm. "yeah yeah whatever, miss me with that cheesy shit." i say rolling my eyes, "well now that i know what you're doing here.. wanna tell me what you're doing here?" i say and look into her eyes to find her in a trance, staring up and down my body.

"hey. eyes up here, baby." i say softly, lifting her jaw. she blushes while apologizing.

"i- uh- oh- um- i saw these keys on the floor out here.. was wondering if it was yours." she stutters.

do i make her nervous or something?

i look at the keys and recognize them to be the same ones the delivery man had on his belt.

"not mines, the chinese food delivery dude. but thanks for checking in." i smile. "anytime, mama. well, i'm 7c if you ever.. need anything." she says, staring into my eyes.

my heart could fly out my ass right now.

"y-yeah, i gotchu. might make a surprise visit tomorrow." i smirk. "mmm, okay i'll be waiting." she says seductively. i scan her body once again, biting my lip softly before hugging her goodbye and closing the door.

"wow. i heard everything." kiara said, her jaw dropped and i roll my eyes.

"if the girl's gonna be everywhere i am and live with me i might as well get used to her, no?" i shrug. "mhmm.. definitely all that it is." she rolls her eyes.

...

its about to get spicyyyyy 🤭