Year 3: Y/N's POV

A/N: GUYS THIS IS MORE FOCUSED ON RELATIONSHIPS OTHER THAN MATTHEO BUT THAT WILL BE EXPLAINED MORE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!! 

song: Fine Line-Harry Styles

THE MONTH BEFORE:

"Oh yeah? Try me." Harry is threatening Uncle Vernon after he allowed Aunt Marge to float away. 

I see him inching closer to Harry, drop our baggage, pull out my wand, and step in front of Harry, "Back OFF ." I point my wand to his chest and start forcing him back with it. Harry moves from out behind me helping me keep this oaf at bay.

"Harry, get the luggage, we are leaving." I see Petunia about to protest, when I wave my wand in her direction, ensuring she knows I will use it.

Just as Uncle Vernon starts to shout, I slam the front door in his face and start walking with Harry.

"Are we going to talk about it?" I am forcing myself to slow down a bit, as Harry's steps are a bit shorter than mine.

"No." he huffs and continues to walk aimlessly. I start to direct us to a bus stop, hopefully, we can make a plan from there.

I really want to talk. We stop at a bus station but I highly doubt anything will come, its dark out now. My brother takes my hand, and I appreciate the comforting gesture. Not many people know this, but I am afraid of the dark.

He jolts back and uses his hand to guide me behind him, "Did you hear that?" He is watching the park, and the eerily swaying swings, which screech in agony from their achy joints.

He drops my hand and I inch closer to him, lighting Lumos to hopefully help him see more, he copies.

Carefully steadying ourselves, we see a black dog emerge from the darkness, "Awww, can we keep him?"

It starts barking and Harry stumbles  back, "A definite no!" And suddenly a bus appears and a shabby-looking man introduces himself, "Welcome to the Knight Bus."

We eventually reach the Leaky Cauldron and I am happier now,more than ever, that our name means people like the Minster pay attention to us, sorting out accommodation and everything, but we cannot help but feel the eerieness in the air. Everyone is on edge ever since we saw that newspaper of ... Sirius Black...

A whole month here, but lucky for me I can do some reading and mess with Harry. I told him our Care for Magical Creatures books were harmless and then watched him jump on his bed trying to escape it.

"Y/N! JUST BECAUSE THE TWINS AREN'T HERE DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO FILL IN FOR THEM!" He shouted

I shout back from the conjoined room  on the other side, "But it's so much fun!"

A thump. A shout of joy and a loud banging on my door.

"OPEN THIS DOOR!" Harry finally is free from that menacing book.

"Only if you say PLEASE" I mock, getting up from my rather cozy position and keeping my place in the book I was reading. 

I hear him mumble the words and I open the door, he plonks himself face down on my bed, "That was exhausting."

I lay down next to him and he faces himself up, both of us staring at the roof. It's unnerving not worrying about the Durselys or what we have to do. I feel I have to be doing something.

"I wish we were in Egypt with Ron," Harry says, eyes fixated on the roof and twirling fan

"I just wish they were here," I reply back, we both have found great comfort in our friends. And even though he disapproves of... some of mine... he has learned to let it go, I think.