Year 4: Y/N

song: New Romantics-Taylor Swift

Quidditch World Cup:

"Well, all right then. You can go to this ruddy ... this stupid ... this World Cup thing. You write and tell these - these Weasleys they're to pick you up, mind. I haven't got time to go dropping you off all over the country. And you can spend the rest of the summer there. And you can tell your - your godfather ... tell him ... tell him you're going."

In a moment of weakness, I run and hug Vernon and then high-five Harry, "THANK YOU!"

I have already packed my bags and am anxiously waiting, even though they won't fetch us for another week.

"How did you know he would say yes Y/N?" Harry says, barging into this room we are forced to share.

"I didn't, AND GET OFF MY BED!" he throws his shoes at me in response

"I can't wait to see those red-heads again," he laughs, lying more comfortably on MY bed.

I decide to sit on the edge and try to shove him off, "a particular redhead, maybe?" I wiggle my eyebrows in a suggestive manner, stifling a laugh.

I mean, Hermoine and I know that Ginny likes Harry, I suspect Harry likes her too, but he hasn't said anything to me, or Ron apparently

He sits up quickly, nearly falling over. His face is red, and he pretends to clean his glasses, "erm- you mean Ron?"

"I always thought you had more of a thing for Draco," I shrug, acutely aware of how this pushes his buttons.

"Piss off," he laughs and decides to finally sit on his side of the room. It's relatively tidy, yet still annoyingly disorganized.

I lean over to my side table and re-read a letter I got from Sirius

"I wish I was there for your birthday dearest Y/N. But for now, know that I will always be here for you. You are far more special than you realize.

-Sirius"

Sirius and I have been in constant correspondence since the night of the whole Professor Lupin being a werewolf thing. It's nice to have someone older who understands. Being in this godforsaken house has never felt like home. Hogwarts is my home, and Sirius is my family. Real family.

My mind can't help but drift to the Slytherin boy... he said he was sorry for being an absolute pain last year, but then he didn't write to me. I'm so sick of this game. I just wanted a friend, but he obviously only views me as some sort of object for his amusement. I'm through with Mattheo Riddle.

The Weasleys save us from this place, 2 days later. Earlier than I expected.

"HAVE YOU TWO BEEN EATING?" Mrs. Weasley says the second she sees us.

The twins are behind her, imitating her body language and facial expression. I try not to laugh. As if she has eyes at the back of her head, she shouts, "WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING?"

We all burst out laughing.

By the time of the Quidditch World Cup, it is early. Us girls are up, and I have had two cups of coffee.

"You're mental," remarks Hermoine, while Ginny and I proceed to make the third.

"Coffee makes us happy," we nod in unison

"Should a friend not want us to be happy?" says Ginny while passing me the sugar.

"You two are going to have some sort of caffeine high," she says, folding her arms. Her eyebrows are scrunched together, and her beautiful curls are wild.