Year 5:(Y/N) Part 2

song: Be My Downfall- Del Amitri

It's the first week back and this year is not off to a good start, luckily Fred has been here to lighten the mood. He nearly got us detention after he kissed me in the middle of the corridor on our way to class.

In other news, we have a new professor...

This absolute psychopath as a teacher is making all these weird rules, which none of us intend to follow, except for Hermoine.

"She's mental!" shouts Ron from the Gryffindor common room couch.

"I second that," I look towards him, and we both nod in agreement.

"Hermoine admit that Umbridge's rules are useless!" sighs Harry, who is not doing too well after him, Ron, Fred and George received a ban on quidditch.

Safe to say Fred and George have been making life difficult for her since then.

"Okay, so she is insane, but breaking the rules won't solve anything," she closes the book she was reading.

"That is where you are incorrect," remarks George who is currently holding a piece of paper after emerging from the entrance.

"You see, our dear friend," Fred makes his way and sits next to me, on the armrest of the couch. He is currently braiding a small piece of my hair, "We have discovered something that could end horribly or just end up being a good amount of fun..." he looks at George to continue.

"Who wants to crash a Slytherin party with us?" he is wearing a bright expression but the rest of us are all staring at him, our mouths hanging open in shock.

Ron sits up quickly, "What the bloody hell is wrong with you two?!" he throws a pillow at George.

George throws it back harder, "Hey, those Slytherins have been brown nosing Umbridge! Let's go have some fun" he shrugs his shoulders.

"And whilst you lot are having fun, we can plant a few fireworks in their dorm rooms," Fred giggles and starts to untangle my hair. I hit him slightly on the shoulder, and he kisses the top of my head in return.

"Mate, she's my sister," Harry scowls at Fred.

Ron looks at me, "Mate, that's my brother,"

I shake my head at Ron, "No mate, that's my date to the Slytherin party," I decide there is no harm in going. It's an excuse to see some of the few Slytherins I don't have a problem with.

Hopefully they won't mind...

"That's my girl," Fred ruffles my hair.

"Fine I'll go with," Ron looks at Harry, who looks utterly confused.

"Has everyone gone insane?!" he looks to Hermoine for confirmation, but she simply looks at me with a look which tells me she wants to talk.

"Might as well go," she says half-heartedly. She gets up and leaves, book in hand, probably off to the library.

I take that as my cue to follow. Once I am out of the common room, I ask her what's wrong.

"You are with Fred, why are you putting yourself in a situation that can hurt people?" she looks disappointed.

As we walk down the stairs, I fail to find the words to answer her. I know I am with Fred, but I didn't hear from Mattheo when I was at Grimmauld place, and I don't want him to think I was ignoring him.

"I don't like Mattheo like that Hermoine," is all I am able to think. And in any case, I am utterly infatuated with Fred, that I can say for sure.

She rolls her eyes, as if in disbelief.

"Gosh no, I really like Fred, I'm doing this to get with anyone, okay?" I reassure her and she smiles back at me.

"You know if you did like Mattheo, there would be nothing wrong with that..." she links my arm with hers as we walk.

I simply smile, the words mean a lot to me, and I can't help but feel more at ease when she says this.

"So, how are you and Ron?" she blushes furiously, and I can't help but tease her just a bit.

"I doubt he notices that I'm a girl," she frowns, and I can't help but laugh at her obliviousness. Both of theirs.

Just the other day Harry and I were discussing how these two are just so blind to the fact that they like one another.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that," to this she suddenly brightens.

"WHAT DO YOU KNOW?" She clutches my arm and I laugh at her excitement.

Careful not to give too much away, " He's mentioned you before..." I smile at my own cryptic answer.

She decides not to press on but simply enjoy the fact that Ronald may reciprocate the affectionate feelings she has for him. The rest of the time is spent talking about Ronald and Fred and our opinions on some of the classes. We both are top students, so we like having friendly competition with one another. We love motivating each other to work harder and it's become a source of strength for the both of us.

When we reach the library and turn to one of the aisles of bookshelves we are mortified. Mattheo is chatting up some Ravenclaw girl. Both of us clear our throats quite loudly.

Mattheo looks up very annoyed as if we have just interrupted him from doing something important.

The Ravenclaw girl is utterly embarrassed and quickly hides behind Mattheo.

"This is a library you know?" I scoff out.

"Do you have a problem?" Mattheo looks to me and then the Ravenclaw girl, "We didn't disturb anyone until you came," he leans casually on the shelf.

Hermoine is fuming now and answers on my behalf, "Yes we have a problem, no go before I inform Professor Pince that you think her library is some sort dating Hotspot."

I can't help but admire her in this moment. She is so in control and scary. Let's be honest, Hermoine can be terrifying at times.

Mattheo looks at her as if sizing her up but decides to not say anything, and instead leaves without a word.

Once the aisle is cleared, we make sure no-one is in earshot.

"He's been making ever girl swoon this past week," I sigh as I prop myself onto the desk.

Hermoine starts rearranging some of the books alphabetically, "Well he is a lot different since last year." She blows the dust off some of the old textbooks, and fixes the dog-eared pages, "I mean he was bullied for a bit because of Voldemort, and then after Cedric died, people blamed him,"

At this I freeze. I feel it is all my fault and the guilt of that is something I struggle to let go. I feel like a murderer.

"I think this year he decided to not give a damn," she finishes packing everything away and I force myself to nod in agreement.

Would he still want to be my friend if he knew what I was?