Year 5: Y/N's pov (part 5)

Song: Father and Daughter- Paul Simon

It's finally December holidays, and I cannot be more relieved  to go back to Grimmauld place and see Sirius. It's been far too long since we caught up and everything has been an absolute mess lately.

I haven't spoken to Mattheo since he apparently doesn't want to be my friend.

Lorenzo and I send each other letters everyday though, I have become so fond of having a friend that can just not be so drama oriented in the sense of Slytherin hates Gryffindor and Death Eaters vs Dumbledores Army.

On the other hand ever since I told Fred about the fight with Mattheo, he has been so loving to me again. It's been nice to have my boyfriend back.

Currently, I'm playing exploding snap with Sirius, tomorrow we are going to St. Mungos to see Mr.Weasley who is still recovering.

Sirius takes a sip from his wine glass, "Can I try?" I ask curious by the taste

"Better here than out there," he says whilest passing me the glass

"Sirius Orion Black..."

We both put up out hands as if we were being arrested.

"Why are you giving Y/N alcoholic beverages?!" I turn around to see Remus.

"Come on Moony, you did a lot worse than this when you were her age." He laughs

I quickly pass the glass back to Sirius, "She has already been to one of those house parties,"

Sirius passes the glass back to me

Remus gives me a menacing look and I go blood red.

"Like we used to throw," Sirius says which makes Remus look away quickly and laugh.

Sirius places the tip of his finger in his chin and starts to tap," If I recall properly, you once helped us steal a bottle of wine right out of Slughorns office..."

Remus adjusts his clothes, "I recall no such thing, don't lie to the poor child!"

I start to laugh, "Come on Professor, I swear I won't tell a soul!"

Sirius looks at me and winks, "Besides Minnie can't give you detention anymore," 

"Minnie?" I question looking from Remus to Sirius

"Your Godfathers nickname for McGonagall," he crosses his arm as if he was strict, but the situation just makes it more humorous.

"We ALL called her that, James actually suggested we say Professor Minnie..." he leans back on both arms as if he was remembering something, a feeling, he could never again have

"AND HE DID!" Remus starts laughing

"Fair point, but did you at least give her safety pointers." He asks sitting down on the couch across from us.

Sirius looks to the glass and then quickly takes it, "It damages your liver Y/N, do not drink too much of this magical liquor which can get you into a lot of trouble," he says in a mocking-Remus voice which makes me laugh.

Lupin rolls his eyes, hiding a smile, "Yes well apart from that just keep an eye on your drink at all times, never accept one from anyone and don't take it too far unless someone you trust 100% is there."

I give him a nod and laugh at the fact that I am getting a talk from these two. But I appreciate the fact that I can be honest and not judged around Sirius.

He knows when is the right time to be...serious... and when to be understanding.

Eventually after a while, spending a lot of time listening to stories of the marauders when they were younger and all the advice and tips they give along the way we all decide to go to bed.

The next morning I wake with Crookshanks sitting on top of me, the weight of the cat is all compressed into the centee of my stomach, "You're lucky you're adorable," I whisper.

"Crookshanks has been obsessed with you this whole holiday," says Hermoine rather exasperated

"It's a sign, give me your cat, Granger!" I say whilst the cute creature cuddles in the nook or my arm

"You're mental if you think I would ever agree to that!" She says picking up her cat and then throwing a pillow in my direction.

She drops him quickly and then catches the pillow I toss back at her, "Thought I wouldn't see that coming?" She laughs

"No I did, but now you see, I have Crookshanks again!" I laugh and hold the cat above my head in a Lion King fashion

We both end up chatting and giggling for another 20minutes before I realise I have to get ready for St.Mungos to see Mr.Weasley.

Once I am finished looking rather presentable (if I say so myself) I walk over to the kitchen.

Instead of going in, as I normally would, I decide to listen.

I hear voices, loud voices.

I recognise that of Snape and Sirius.

"I don't trust you going near Harry Snivellus!"

"The boy has to learn Occlumency somewhere you uncultured swine!"

"Uncultured?!" I hear the sound of a furniture and chairs scraping against the floor, " I am from the Noble House of Black whereas you are half-blood nobody who is jealous because he couldn't land a date with a girl who he liked back in HIGH SCHOOL!"

It's strange to hear Sirius talk like that regarding bloody Supremacy, but then again I remember that he was raised to believe that pure bloods are superior and sometimes that must slip out now and again, especially when he is trying to insult someone who, as a matter of fact, deserves it.

"WHAT HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH ANYTHING?!" For the first time I step back at the sheer anger I hear in Snapes voice, I've never heard him so angry before, not even when insulting other students.

"We all know you hold a grudge against Harry and Y/N. It's obvious because of the way you treat them! And do you know why you hate them so much? Because you never got Lily and James did! SHE NEVER LOVED YOU!"

"James was an arrogant fool AND IT SERVES HIM RIGHT FOR BEING MURDERED!"

At this, I feel a heat grow behind my eyes. My chest constricts and have no control over my body. I feel as if my consciousness has taken the back seat and I am being driven by pure emotion.

I open the kitchen door hard. I hear it slam.

"I suggest you keep your filthy mouth off of my father before I personally ensure you regret what you just said." I'm not even sure it sounds threatening

"And what are you going to do exactly," he questions.

I feel Sirius step in next to me.

"Funny you should ask," with a swift movement of my wand I recite the incantation, "Anteocultia,"

To this Sirius immediately claps my back and gives me a hug, "why look it's prongs wannabe!"

I watch as the antlers sprout from Snape's head.

"Finally Professor Snape, you are one step closer to being the man you could never be."