Year 4: Y/N part 3

song: The Way I loved you-Taylor Swift

The second task:

Harry still is not back from the Black Lake. Hermoine and Ron are still missing and I am having a half-heart attack.

Neville is standing next to me, along with Luna, "You said Gillyweed lasts how long?" I say nervously

Neville looks like he's about to pass out, "About...one...one hour..." he doesn't keep his eyes off the lake.

Dobby had stolen the Gillyweed out of Snape's office and when Neville found out about it (after I let it slip that Harry had somehow managed to get Gillyweed) he was ecstatic and simultaneously anxious.

He then went on and on about magical plants and half of it went in through the one ear and out the other, as my mind was on Harry. My only brother.

Sirius had told me not to get all worked up (for Harry's sake). He also asked what happened at the yule ball, and I decided to tell him about Mattheo.

I received a letter the next day, to go up to the Owlery at midnight, where I proceeded to get a Holwer from Sirius.

"Y/N POTTER!

HOW DARE YOU GO AND BEFRIEND THE DARK LORD'S SON?! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER WERE KILLED BY HIS FATHER AND YOU THINK HE WASN'T RAISED WITH THE SAME VALUES?! IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE, I WILL PERSONALLY FETCH YOU FROM HOGWARTS AND BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME TO GRIMMAULD PLACE! AND DON'T MAKE  ME CALL REMUS TO GIVE YOU A TALKING-TO!

On a side note, short hair suits you and I think a black dress would have looked amazing. I am so glad you took my advice and went alone. I am also so glad that the gift I got you helped. I told you eyeliner solves all your problems. Now good luck with your studies.

Love Sirius"

I don't think I would care to relive the experience of getting a Howler, now I know how Ron felt.

Subsequently, I have been trying to avoid Mattheo, but he has been making it difficult. He keeps asking when we are going to the Room of Requirement and slips me notes under the desk during potions.

"You look nice today"
"Snape's hair is unnecessarily greasy today," I nearly laughed out loud when I read that.

But today he is standing two seats behind me and seems to understand that I am ignoring him. He has made no effort to talk to me and is sitting laughing with his friends.

He has the best laugh. I wish I could record it and play it over and over as if it were my favorite song whose tune I could never get tired of.

What am I thinking?!

I shake my head and begin talking to Luna, she may be slightly loony but she's actually really nice, she told me about Nargals and all these creatures I've never heard of. Her company is refreshing.

"I bet Potter is going to drown before time runs out," I heard Draco scoff, just loudly enough for me to hear.

I see Fred and George,3 seats down, get up. I quickly give them a signal to sit back down before replying to Draco, "I bet someone is going to turn Draco into a ferret again if he doesn't shut his mouth soon."

I hear Theodore snicker and Mattheo remains quiet.

"Did someone hear someone speak or-" Draco gets cut  off

"Yeah, your own bloody annoying self was speaking!" I hear Fred shout at Draco. He gives me a smile and a wink before continuing to speak to George.

"WAIT UNTIL MY FATHER HEARS ABOUT THIS," the crowd around Draco, including Mattheo, seems to say.

We all start laughing and Draco storms off, and no one seems to care about his temper tantrum.

I turn around and our eyes meet. Mattheo looks as if he wants to say something,

"Y/N, sit with me pleaseeeeeee" I hear Fred call, I turn my head quickly and smile at him, taking one more second to look at Mattheo, who is looking utterly bothered.

"Had to get you away from that staring idiot," remarks Fred, whilst I take my seat.

"So, erm, how was your Yule Ball?" I ask, knowing full well he spent the whole time with Angelina. 

"How was your yule ball with Mattheo," he asks with a slight tone, I watch as his face frowns slightly, before going back to a neutral expression.

"I went alone," I say, crossing my arms over one another.

"You snuck away with him," he says this time in an accusatory voice as if I had committed some sort of crime

"You were with Angelina, why do you care?" I ask, pointing a finger in his direction.

He gently swipes my finger away, "Because I didn't want to go with Angelina," he sighs.

We both sit in silence. If he didn't want to go with her, who did he want to go with?

As I shift in my seat next to Fred, I notice how tall he actually is, "Admiring the view?" he says, playfully flipping his now overgrown hair to one side.

"You need a haircut," I say before mimicking the exact words he said to me at the beginning of the year, "Are the long locks of hair obstructing your view Fred," tugging at the ends of his hair, "I'm looking at the giant lake in front of me, obviously..."

He looks down at me for a second  before laughing, "You stole my line," 

I shift in my seat and scan the crowd, my eyes find Mattheo again, and I turn back to Fred.

"It was the only thing I could steal from you," I say smiling, looking up at him.

"You stole my affection," he shrugs 

As I am about to say something Harry emerges from the lake, with both Ron and Fleur's little sister.

The crowd erupts into cheers and I look over to Fred before rushing over to my brother.

"We'll talk later," are the last words I hear from him.