Year 4:Mattheo Part 2

song: The Way you look tonight-Frank Sinatra

She's gorgeous.

And I love her new hair. She's cut it much shorter than before. It's slightly grazing her jaw. She's accompanied this with a fringe.

It makes her stand out even more than what she already is.

I try and hide the growing heat on my face when I see her in that dress.

Black...it suits her.

It's wrapped around her body in such an elegant manner. She's ethereal.

"Lover boy, let's go," I hear Draco say. Pulling me away from the steps from where she is descending.

I watch as Draco proceeds to dance with Pansy. He's not bad, but I could never tell him that.

Y/N is talking to some of her friends. She glances briefly across the room, and her eyes find mine.

I hold her gaze, desperately wanting not to look away.

How could I look away? She's beautiful

I try and ignore the thoughts creeping into my mind.

I feel myself grinning before it's too late and am utterly embarrassed.

She looks away, flushed.

As the night progresses, I find myself becoming restless. I'm currently sitting with Theodore as we watch Draco prance around the ballroom.

"Will you just ask her to dance already?!" Theodore shoves me off my chair.

"Alright, I was going to!" I say regaining my balance

"No, you were staring at her like some sort of puppy waiting for their owner to come home..." he scoffs at me

I adjust the black suit I'm wearing, the blazer being disheveled from the recent assault.

"I do not! I am perfectly capable of asking Potter for a dance, " I implore

"Potter is with Parvati, I don't think she would appreciate you asking Harry to dance," he laughs, but he's the only one.

I only glare at him as he gestures for me to move forward.

I take slow steps forward in her direction.

"Dance with me," I say, sticking out my hand to her, giving a slight bow as I do so.

"Are you asking or telling me?" She asks, grinning. I enjoy seeing her so happy.

"You decide," I retort, leaving my hand to linger for a moment longer to see if she'll take it.

She curtsies as she takes my hand.

My mind stops for a moment as I admire her hands. She's soft. I can't help but admire the walking paradox she is.

She looks incredibly delicate, that's why my hand is only loosely grasping hers, I'm afraid I might break her. Luckily, my mind flashed back to that incredible time she plummeted me onto the floor.

I should be more afraid she might break me, and I have put myself in a position where she has the power to do so.

I squeeze her hand more tightly, allowing myself the opportunity to feel the warmth she radiates. She squeezes her hand in mine, as a response.

As we make our way to the floor, I can distinctly see a vein popping in Harry's head, Ron almost breaks his neck to see.

But she's looking at me.

"May I put my hand on your waist?" I feel more nervous than I have before.

"How else must we dance?" She asks, and I almost too eagerly hold her closer to me.

She's not the best dancer, but she tries and she's smiling.

She's happy.

So I don't mind the few(or many) times she steps on my toes or when she misses the rhythm.

Her hands are holding tightly to my shoulders as if she is using me to balance her. As if she's grounding me to the Earth.

I can only admire her.

"Want to go somewhere better?" I ask after a few dances.

She nods before I make our way up to the astronomy tower. I help her take her seat on the floor as we both look up to the sky.

I say both, but I'm really looking at her.

I'm watching the way the moon lights her face, and how the stars shine in her eyes. How the whole universe could be sitting next to me.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" She asks, beaming at the sky.

"Yes, it is," I say, watching her mouth curve into a smile. I try and drink in every detail of her. Her smile is the cure to every heartache I've experienced, the home I've always wanted, and the only friend I've ever needed.

She looks at me and I turn my face away to the stars, pretending I haven't spent the past 5 minutes admiring her, "Why didn't you fight back?" she asks and slightly tilts her head.

I am taken aback by the question. I keep quiet, waiting for her to elaborate.

"Twice you could have fought Fred, I mean you get into fights a lot, and end up doing some nasty damage on the other guy," She shifts her weight onto one arm, "So why didn't you do something?"  She repeats the question. 

Fred asked me the same question, the day after he hit me, I told him that I would have rather wasted my energy elsewhere, but I was too afraid to admit that the one reason I wouldn't do anything to him or anyone if she didn't want me to was,

"Because you care about him."