Year 5: Mattheo's pov (part 3)

Song: She- Harry Styles

Well, apparently, Y/N suggested I teach this... Unique... group how to properly defend themselves against Dark Arts.

I'm only here because she suggested it.

After she calms everyone down and days that Harry, Her and I are the only few with proper first hand experience with Voldemort and Death Eaters, everyone finally seems to understand why I'm here.

At the end of the meet, they create a list with a bunch of names of a group of kids hoping to learn enough to defeat my father.

I'm half impressed. Although I'm not sure whether to categorize them as brave or stupid.

"So, are you really a blood supremacist?" I hear a rather mystical voice ask.

I turn around to see a blonde girl with the most odd look about her. It's Loony...I mean Luna Lovegood

"What if I said yes?" I ask leaning back against the wall.

"Then I'd ask why." She seems rather unphased by my answer.

I keep quiet for a moment and observe her. She's aloof and seems distracted by all sorts of other things. What strikes me most is that she is unbothered by the silence.

"Wrackspurt got you?" She asks as if she didn't just say something completely insane

"Wrackspurt?" The curiosity getting the better of me.

"A Wrackspurt . . . They're invisible. They float in through your ears and make your brain go fuzzy." She answers.

Although I am one hundred percent certain she is loony, I find her presence refreshing.She is not afraid of me, I'm not sure whether I should categorise her as brave or stupid.

Brave, I decide.

"Yes, Wrackspurts," I say, only playing into it. I know people are unkind to her, and I don't believe I should make things worse.

"My father had that problem too," she smiles at my response.

More moments of comfortable silence, until I see Y/N.

She approaches me and I immediately feel embarrassed after my rather drunken mind confession, about whatever false feeling that may not be false, but instead a real reflection of how I feel and-

"Wow," she laughs

I finally meet her gaze and shoot her a confused look.

"I didn't know someone's thoughts could be so loud," she laughs again.

Shit.

I regret teaching her that.

"You should," she laughs again.

Stop that.

"No," this time she grabs a chair and sits down next to me, holding her head up with her hands. I find it increasingly difficult not to get lost in her eyes.

Shit.

"You need to watch your language," she remarks, trying exceptionally hard not to laugh.

I decide to use the occlumency and shut her out of my mind. My daydreams and thoughts are private and consist almost entirely of her, she cannot be privy to them.

"That's unfair," suddenly realising she cannot enter my mind.

And for the first time, I cannot help but laugh at her. This seems to lighten her mood and she laughs with me.

Then that annoyance shows up, "What are you two laughing about?" Fred pulls Y/N closer to him.

"The fact that you have to be taught magic by those younger than you?" I say flashing him a smile.