Year 5: Mattheos pov (part 5)

Song: Is it over now?- Taylor Swift

After Christmas holidays, which were a complete disaster, I find myself exceptionally happy to be back at Hogwarts.

I tried to send Y/N a gift, some muggle book her and I spoke about.

She never responded.

Well now, it is Valentines day and it's even more horrific to see a lovesick Y/N with Fred.

Honestly, I doubt they could be any more annoying...

On the other hand, if I was on the receiving end of her affection I probably would not judge any of this in the slightest.

All week the red headed fool has been showering her with gifts, however his intentions have been made aware to me.

Whenever he does decide to give Y/N some half assed gift it is always in front of me. Whether it be potions, in the great hall or once on the Quidditch pitch.

Landed both Y/N and himself detention with Umbridge. Which always includes some sort of physical harm.

Y/N came back with a scarred hand, which leads me to why I am here.

Standing in front of Fred Weasley...

About to punch him in the face.

On Valentines Day.

"You realise she is my girlfriend," he says, and I am brought back to the present moment.

"She doesn't look very eager about that, mate."

"I have to agree with Mattheo on this one," chirps Theodore, who is standing about two paces behind me.

"Oi!"

We all turn around slowly.

"What are you three doing?" Y/N asks, I'm not sure her situational awareness is all that great.

She looks tired, and I notice the redness around her eyes.

"No one make any sudden movements and she won't see us," Theodore whispers.

"For an academic achiever, you really are stupid," remarks Lorenzo standing next to her.

"We're all just having a chat, making peace," Fred looks at me, giving me a ghastly grin, " Isn't that right?" He claps me on the back.

I watch her face light up at this. She's happy we are getting along. She's actually buying this rubbish and I can't be the one to make her feel bad.

She's rubbing over her scarred hand waiting for my response, "Yes, Fred was just saying how he hopes I can teach you quidditch again sometime because you've improved so much." I smile at her, faintly as I know the smile I wish to give to her will only be returned in friendship, not love.

"Oh really that's fantastic! We could all play against one another too! Like a friendly match or something," she walks over and interlinks her arm with Fred's. Something about her body language seems forced. I could just be overreacting.

He gives her a kiss in the forehead, and it's difficult not to notice the tension in her shoulders.

"Then I can really get you back after you ignoring my Christmas present," she laughs.

I'm immediately riddled with confusion.
As soon as I try to express this I am interrupted

Fred makes a nervous laugh, " Y/N I got to show you something over at the Herbology classroom," he starts to lead her out and she quickly resists.

"Fred, what's the matter with you," she says yanking free from his grip.

"Nothing, it's just" he looks over to me, " It's Valentines day and I don't want to ruin anything," he looks over to me again.