Year 5: Mattheo's letter

extract from the few she never received and that the Dursleys burned.

P.s. I know this is short, but 😬👍

Dearest Y/N

I hope you had a good week. I haven't heard from you in a few days and am sorry to be sending another letter. 

I have been thinking about you a lot these past few months.

The weight of not having seen you every day is greatly affecting my ability to withstand the turmoil in this household.

Your friendship has been a source of strength I am exceptionally grateful for.

If we are being honest, I sense your absence. It teases me relentlessly, gnawing on my mind, whispering in my ear that you are not here.

I so wish I could visit you, and then we could hopefully catch up properly.

Ever since the Yule Ball, something has been off with you, and I can only wonder what it is.

Have I done something wrong?

I hope whatever it is, I can rectify it.

In the meantime, send my regards to Harry.

And I pray everything is okay.

Deepest affections

M.R

extract from a letter Mattheo wanted to send but ended up burning.

Lovely Y/N,

As I sit here watching the fire die out in my bedroom, I can not help but be consumed by thoughts of you.  

I think of myself. I do not think very highly of that, and I have never considered myself to be in any way good or worthy of your time.

But our paths being intertwined in the way that they are is something I ponder often. Did the universe conspire to bring two unlikely souls together to form something that I think both of us are too afraid to explain.

Was it a coincidence that you and I found our way back to each other's company time and time again?

I don't believe in fate, and I definitely don't believe in chance or luck.

But I believe in divinity, "the state or quality of being divine." How dull is that definition? How do you describe something as divine?

Is it sanctity? Is it blessed or holy?

All wonderful words but none quite as fitting as

you.

Love
M.R