Year 5 : Y/Ns pov (part 7)

Song: Is it over now? - Taylor Swift

Word has spread all over the school. Fred and George set fireworks off during the exams. I'm assuming expulsion is the only option for them. I still haven't spoken to Fred and it's been 3 days since the incident with Mattheo.

I guess, after a stunt like that I have no choice but to finally talk to him.

"You might as well approach him tonight, they organized a massive party at the common room, some big announcement to make as well," Hermoine shrugged whilst, scribbling notes on her parchment.

I felt my stomach sink, Fred has an announcement, and he didn't tell me first, I think that means he's moved on. Not that it bothers me, I probably have too, considering I almost kissed Mattheo and haven't stopped thinking about him.

Its rather infuriating, in potions, I almost blew up my cauldron and scorched Harry's eyebrows off, all because I was watching Mattheo laugh. Theodore had said something, and I heard that laugh. I could listen to it forever, a broken record I would welcome.

But that feeling I have for him, is shrouded by guilt. Have I always felt this way? How could I not notice it before? Or did I notice and choose to ignore it? Once again, I am plagued by the fact that I have not only almost cheated on Fred but used Crucio on someone and dueled Mattheo before. I don't have the best track record and if Mattheo found out that second piece, he probably would not want to be with me, and everything would be ruined.

"Y/N?" I hear Hermoine put her quill down, "You zoned out," she laughs softly.

"Sorry, I was thinking about what I should wear," I lie, but just good enough that she is convinced.

She leans back in her chair, rotating her wrist and flexing her hand, as if to shake out a cramp, "What about that red dress?" she suggests.

"But you wanted to wear that, you borrowed that one time and looked much better than me in it," I recall the time, we went out to Hogsmeade, and she wanted Ron to notice her (which he did) but like the idiot he is, did nothing.

I still have one year until I lose that bet that they will date by the sixth year. I'm still sure they will.

"You flatter me Y/N, but I couldn't borrow it again," she sighs.

I walk over to my wardrobe and take it from the hanger, "It's yours now," I say.

"I couldn't," she says trying to give it back.

"You can," I say defiantly.

She pushes her bushy hair back and I admire it, she truly is a beautiful girl and smart on top of it, AND a fiercely loyal friend.

"I'll wear green," I take out the satin dress I bought once, Hermoine told me to take it even though it is shorter than what I usually like and completely out of character for me to wear, even though it was gorgeous.

"Hoping to see a certain Slytherin?" she sees through my tactic.

I repeat her sentence in a funny voice, so as to mock her, as I would rather not lie to her again. From there, we both make ourselves more presentable for the party.

And once evening hits, that's where everything goes. wrong.

The common room is packed with Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs, Gryffindors and Slytherins. Music is blaring and everything is way too crowded.

To make things worse, Fred and George brought enough Firewhiskey to put experienced sailors into St. Mungos with alcohol poisoning.

Once I finally battle my way through the crowd, I signal Fred to talk outside. Outside, there is silence, and air to breathe.