Daddy and Mummy

“Hey where is my little munchkin I hear daddy call I run out to him and he scoops me into his arms and spins me in a circle and the blows raspberries onto my stomach. I laugh and try and get away he lets me down and starts counting I start running as fast as my 2 year old legs will let me hide behind the tree and try not to giggle I try and peek around the corner but I can’t see daddy any where  BOO! Daddy yells and I scream he picks me up and plants kisses all over my face.

Then I see daddy in his uniform walking away from me

I try to run after him but I can’t move I want to cuddle him and beg him not to leave but I am frozen.

I am 4 and there is a knock at the door I am in the dining room avoiding mummy after another beating mummy answers the door and I hear them say that Daddy has died. I peek around the corner and see a man in uniform.

I go to my room at this house and I am crying I feel my bed dip and I look and see daddy sitting next to me he wipes my tears Daddy why did you leave I ask him he said it was his time then tells me to let them into my life he sent me here because I would be safe and happy and he will always be looking out for me. He says he has to go I don’t want him to leave.

Louis Pov

“No daddy pleases stay I love you” I wake up to hearing that at first I am confused then I relies that it is Gracie and she is in our bed.

“Princess Wake up your having a bad dream “I say shaking her awake. She wakes up and she is crying. I pull her onto my lap and she cries into my chest I rub her back soothingly.

“Shh your ok calm dawn Louis has you they can’t hurt you now precious” her crying quietness down but her little body shakes. El is sitting next to us utterly confused as am I. I sit there just comforting her. Her sobbing stops after about 15 minutes.

“Princess do you want to tell me what has happened to make you so upset?” she looks up at me with her beautiful blue eyes that make my heart melt. She shakes her head.

“Ok princess what where you doing in here last night?” I ask her not that I mind

“I’m sorry I wanted to say sorry but you where asleep I’m sorry it won’t happen again”

“Oh princess it is fine you can come and see us whenever you need us night or day.” I say to her.

“Can I ask you something Louis and El.?” She ask looking at us

“Sure you can babe” I and El say at the same time

 “What am I suppose to call you guys?

Me and El look at each other “well it is up to you honey you can call us anything you want” El says to her she looks a little confused by this answer. She gets up and is about to walk out she stops and looks at us she is about to say anything but turns and leave.

“What was that all about I wonder” El Ask me.

I have tears in my eyes.

“What’s the matter babe?” El asks me I just shake my head I really don’t want to talk about it she hugs me tight and gives me a kiss.

“I’m going to make beaky come down when you are ready.” She says and leaves. Gracie will never see me as a father she seems to idolize her real Dad. All I wanted when I adopted a kid was to be the number one guy in her life yet I never will be.

I walk down stairs and everyone is at the table whilst El cooks I go sit in the lounge. I stay there for the day I don’t want to move or engage in conversation. By 4:30 I haven’t even said one word to Gracie. It seems like she hasn’t even noticed her and Zayne are playing with the puppy on the floor in front of me. Gracie looks up at me then goes back to playing with the puppy. I stare at the wall. I feel the couch shift a little then I feel a little hand on mine and see Gracie sitting next to me.