Run Away

I decide to go and see Uncle Simon for tonight then go elsewhere I remember where he lives. I start heading his way and al the sudden I hear a few male voices.

“Hey there pretty girl come have some fun.” One of them yell I look back and see three drunk guys I swallow and I start walking faster.

“come back here pretty let’s make you a real women” Another shouts I start getting really scared and start running the pain in my ankle is excruciating but I know that I have to get away from them. Finally 2 hours later it is dark and cold I’m scared and feeling severely unloved. I’m dripping wet again, shaking and can hardly walk any more. I knock on the door and I hear a female voice running down screaming Pizza I stand back and gently pat Galileo’s fur her is obviously wet as well. The door fly’s open and I see Demi there she looks at me and her smile drops.

“Gracie honey what are you doing here” she ask with that I break down crying demi pulls me in for a hug.

“what’s going on here” I hear another female voice say I don’t know who It is but I keep crying and cling to Demi she is trying to calm me down.

“Gracie is that you” I hear Simon say I hear Demi say it is me.

“Simon can you get a blanket please she is dripping wet and freezing” Demi says and she picks me up I can’t stop crying and shivering I feel a blanket been wrapped around me and demi sits us on the couch Simon sits next to us and tries to help calm me after about 15 minutes I have stopped crying.

“Sweetheart can you tell me what happened, how did you get here, why are you crying? Why are you hurt who hurt you?” Simon fires questions at me I feel over whelmed.

“Simon maybe one question at a time” a hear a male voice say I don’t know who it is I snuggle closer to Demi she is running her hand up and down my back trying to warm me up and comfort me.

“Ok Sorry Gracie, how did you get here? He ask as if it isn’t obvious.

“I walked” I say still shaking from fear and cold

“Ok sweetie why did you walk here?”

“They don’t have time for two kids” I say to them I see sadness flash across his face

“Why did you choose to come here Gracie” he ask maybe it was a bad idea to come here I guess I’m not welcome or wanted here either another tear rolls down my face. I look and see that he had company.

“I’m sorry Uncle Si I should leave I didn’t know you had company I was just going to stay the night then leave cos of the rain.” I say to him and about to climb of Demi’s Knee but she holds me tight.

“Grace Sweetie it is fine that you came here I am glad you came here it is safe here and this is just a boring Business meeting thing.” He says as he moves hair from my face

“What happened to your face sweetie did someone hit you” he seems a little angry as he says this I look down and shake my head going silent on them. “Babe maybe we should go get you into a warm bath and try warm you up a bit” Demi says as I’m still shivering crazy from been cold.

“I have to dry Galileo first he must be freezing.” I say

“All sorted honey I put the puppy in the front room with the heater on some water and food” the guy says to me I give a little smile.

“that’s a good idea Dems, sweet heart when you get warm, I’ll leave a jumper and I might have some pants that my niece left here before, you ok to take her up Demi” Simon says I just nod I’m so cold I want to warm up.

Demi carries me upstairs to a bathroom and sets me down as she runs the bath once it is ran I wait for her to leave when she doesn’t I look at her.