voices

Grace POV

I feel groggy I’m trying to wake up but I can’t seem to wake up. Flashes keep going through, every single bit of abuse I suffered, each memory is like I am reliving the pain, reliving the emotions, all the words, every slap, punch, kick, torture, every rape. The pain is unbearable it is like everything is doubled though, my pain is doubled. I relive the court case it’s like every feeling every emotion I felt during that case is doubled, the fear is doubled it is hard to process. I remember the gunshot and Seeing Daddy. I want to wake up I don’t like this feeling it is all to much can hear voices it sounds like Mummy and Daddy they want me to wake up. I’m trying as hard as I can all the sudden I feel sick my head is pounding and my heart goes fast all the sudden I feel my body convulsing then everything goes black.

I hear singing I can hear Mum and dad sing Gracie’s girl, they sound sad. I need to wake up I want to wake up. I feel hands holding mine I try and squeeze them but nothing happens I try again there is pain in my arm but it worked. I start trying to open my eyes after about 5 minutes they finally open I quickly close them again as the light is bright. I hear someone rush somewhere I open my eyes again this time the light is so bright.

“Omg Omg Gracie your awake” I hear mum says all the sudden she is standing and I can see her, she looks tired and skinny I want a hug I want to feel safe I try to hold my arms up my left arm won’t move I think she gets the message and starts hugging me and kissing my face she keeps saying I love you. I look around for Dad he is watching with tears in his eyes he also looks tired. I give him a smile and he runs over as well. I remember the dream thing I had. My whole body starts to ache it starts getting unbearable I whimper leaves my lips mum and Dad pull back looking worried.

“What’s the matter baby girl/Princess” they both ask at the same time. I give a little smile but I feel a tear roll down my cheek

“It hurts” I manage to say talking is painful.

“I’ll go and get the doctor” Dad says kissing my forehead and leaving mum sits on the bed and strokes my cheek softly I move my head slightly into her hand causing her to smile I don’t care how painful it was I need the comfort.

“I’m so happy your awake baby I missed you so much” mum says softly.

“good afternoon miss Tomlinson, your Father tells me that you are in pain can you tell me where the pain it” the doctor ask I get a little scared, Mum rubs circles on my hand.

“Everywhere hurts” I say just above a whisper tears roll down my face again.

“That’s fairly unusual, did you have any dreams or something before you woke up?” he ask me he seems a little curios

“Yea” I say I want the pain to stop, I look at Dad with pleading eyes.

“Sorry to interrupt doctor but can you please do something to stop her pain before you continue to question her” dad says slightly irritated. I am thankful for him.

“Sorry Mr Tomlinson first I need to run a few test first then I promise I will give her pain relief. Grace I need to test you relaxes, you had a seizure I need to do some checks to make sure there is no side effects.” He says I give s little nod, that hurt more than talking I want the pain to be gone

“What’s your name?”

“Grace Lee Tomlinson” I say Dad moves over to my other side and holds my hand looking at me as if to say sorry.

“Age and Date of birth”

“7 27 July 2006” I say

“ok now I need to check you reflexes first I will shine a light in your eyes, then I will touch your toes I need you to tell me if you can feel it, I will tap your knee and check your arm reflexes” he tells me everything he does hurts so bad I start to cry when he shines the light in my eyes but he keeps doing his test