Hope??

Last time: “Ok the bullet went through her shoulder narrowly missing her heart she has lost a lot of blood and we…..

(still Louis POV)

"We had to transfer 4 bags on blood back into her unfortunately during the surgery she has slipped into a coma it is going to be up to her as to when she wakes up, you can go and see her if you like but visiting hours are almost over.” The doctor says before walking away well I guess in one sense that is good news at least she isn’t dead I just hope she wakes up soon she has to wake up soon we need her. I pull El along with me as we enter her room she has needles coming out of her arms, a tube down her throat. El runs over and kisses her face with tears rolling down her face

“I love you baby girl please wake up soon” she says to Grace, I walk slowly over to her bedside not knowing what to do. I go to hold her hand but pull back scared I will hurt her.

“babe don’t be scared to touch her, maybe it will wake her up or something” el says trailing of at the end like she lost the confidence in what she said maybe El is right maybe it will help I grab hold on her hand gently as there are drips coming out of her arm.

“hey princess I’m so proud of how brave you where today, but we need you to be brave again we need you to be brave and fight this we need you to fight to wake up, this family isn’t complete without you princess” I say kissing her hand that I am holding, I feel El hug into me I hole her close with my other arm and kiss her head. The others have slowly made their way over to Graces side gently kissing her cheek I look at each of them, they look scared and angry but when I look at Niall he is crying yet he looks so confused, he is so innocent we all try and protect him from the evil world but we can’t always do that like with Grace he has seen and heard with Grace. The night she told us about her past it was like a piece of his innocence left he walked around for the next week trying to figure it all out, from what Zayn told me it confused him as to why someone would do that to her, to any child.

“I…is she going to die?” he ask then he breaks down Liam quickly grips him and pulls him in for a hug trying to calm him down I want to go over there to help comfort him but I need to stay here with Grace and El., Zayn is rubbing circles on his back, harry is gently playing with his hair and Perrie is saying comforting things to him, He eventually manages to calm down Liam pulls him back a bit I decide to quickly go over to him.

“Buddy I promise you she won’t die, she is going to be just fine I won’t let her die buddy I swear I say looking him in the eye

“Promise Lou?” he ask he seems so broken.

“I pinky swear mate” I say wrapping our pinkies together causing him to smile slightly. I go back over to El I pull up a chair and pull her onto my lap she continues to hold Gracie’s hand.

“Visiting hours are over sorry all” a nurse comes in and says.

“No I’m not leaving her” El says without taking her eye of Grace.

“Neither am I” I state the nurse looks baffled as to what she has to to.so she just nods I guess she doesn’t want an argument.

It’s been two weeks since the court case, two weeks since we have seen Gracie’s eyes, since she we have heard her voice, two weeks since we have been able to hold Grace in our arms.  It is really taking a toll on El, she hardly eats or sleeps, she very rarely talks it is getting harder and harder to even get a little smile out of her. We have been sleeping on the chairs for the last two weeks I finally convinced the doctor to let us buy a couch for the room so we can have some where better to sleep Paul an Harry have just brought it in for us, Paul can’t even look at me or El or even Grace I can’t work out why he wont he almost seems like a broken man. I pick El up and Move us both over to the couch. It worries me how light she has become I need to convince her to eat right after I get her to have some sleep, in a sense I need sleep just as much as she does I am tired, and have no appetite but can force myself to eat at least two meals a day. I lay El down resting her head on my lap running my fingers through her hair.