Zoo

I say good bye to El giving her a hug and a kiss.

“I love you Gracie” she says as she hugs me. Love confuses me I don’t say anything we pile into the car and drive to the zoo the car is full Liam is driving and Harry is next to him in the front. I’m sitting next to Perrie and Dani then Niall and Zayne are in the back they are all chatting I just sit and be quiet just like I have been told to do.

“So missy moo have you ever been to the zoo?” Perrie Ask

I shake my head

“WHAT!! You have never been to the zoo” Harry exclaims rather loud. I flinch and as a natural instinct I pull myself into a little ball I start hyperventilating.

“Breath Kiddo” I hear Zayne he sounds so far away “one of you pull her onto your lap and let her listen to your heart.” I hear Zayne Say

I feel someone undo my seatbelt again I flinch.

“Its ok Honey” I hear Perrie say I then get pulled onto someone’s lap. My head is put to someone’s heart. I love the sound of people heart beat it captivates me for some reason. I try and match my breathing to the beat of the heart.

Smile, though your heart is aching

Smile, even though it’s breaking

When there are clouds in the sky

you’ll get by

If you smile through your fear and sorrow

Smile and maybe tomorrow

You’ll see the sun come shining through

for you

Light up your face with gladness

Hide every trace of sadness Although a tear may be ever so near

That’s the time you must keep on trying

Smile what’s the use of crying

You’ll find that life is still worthwhile

If you’ll just

Smile

My Breathing has returned to normal I look up and see Perrie smiling at me I return the smile. I liked that song it was nice I mouth a thank you my voice won’t work. She pulls me tighter to her. I feel safe with her I feel like she knows something.

“Did you know that you a very pretty” I just give a smile I know I’m not pretty

“Are you alright Kiddo?” I see Zayne appear behind Perrie.

“I’m ok. Sorry for freaking out everyone” I say

“Sorry for yelling Gracie” Harry Says. I smile at him letting him know it is ok

“How much further” Niall Whines

“15 minutes” Liam says

“So you want to get back in your seat missy.”Perrie Ask

 I shake my head I am comfortable.

We get to the zoo and we all pile out of the car. I get out and Perrie grabs my hand and we follow the others. Liam pays for us to get in and grab a map. Zayne bends down in front of me.

“Do you think you can walk around this place it is really big”

“I think so”

“Ok let me know if your leg starts to hurt”

We walk around the zoo we see monkeys, tigers, lions ECT when we get to the tiger enclosure there are some kids complaining because the stupid animals won’t move and one girl said her life sucks because she is so bored. They have no idea what a bad life is. I stopped looking at the animals after that I think Niall notices

“Lets go an eat” niall says that’s good because my legs are really starting to hurt

“Come one Sweetheart lets go sit down Zayne and Perrie can get the food” Liam says. I look at Zayne and Perrie I still don’t really know these guys he gives me a little nod. They won’t hurt me they won’t hurt me. I sit down next to Niall and Liam and look at my hands.

“Are you having fun Sweetheart” I’m really not the animals are trapped in those cages not in their normal lives just like me they don’t look happy. I start crying, crying for all the times I was locked up all the times I was beaten and starved and called bad names. I cry for the animals been caged and taken from their natural habitat.

“Hey missy we got you some… hey what’s the matter? Perrie ask I try and stop myself crying she picks me up.

“We will be over there” Perrie I don’t know where she points but she walks us over and sits down me on her lap.

“It’s ok to cry sometimes” but I can’t do it

“I want to tell you something about my life honey is that ok” I nod against her.

“When I was younger my dad used to beat me all the time he called me terrible things and used to beat me until I was unconscious. Mum left him when I was 14. I didn’t think I was going to be able to survive it then the years after where even harder. I don’t know what you have been through an I have been through May not sound bad but you have to understand it does and will get better.” Perrie says I am stunned.

“I am so sorry that you had to go through that Perrie”

“It’s ok so why are you upset chickee babe?”

“It is stupid don’t worry about it”

“Nothing you will ever say will be stupid Hun you have to understand this and what is said between you and me stays between you and me”

“I err feel bad for the animals they don’t look happy and they are locked up. It just reminded me of what used to happen to me. They look so sad I feel bad for them”

“Oh honey you are beautiful inside and out. I guess you have been through so much and yet here you are upset because the animals look sad. You are one special kid did you know that”

“Please don’t tell the others they like it here I don’t want to ruin it”

“You sure you don’t want to go home I think the others are starting to get tired anyway how about we ask them”

“ok then” she stands me up and we walk over to the others they decide it is time to go home but we have to make one more stop first. Niall and harry hold their hands out for me to hold I look at their hopeful faces. I grab their hands and look at them their faces light up.

We go to the gift shop Harry and Niall let me go and start running around grabbing things I just stand there watching Liam comes and stands with me then urges me to go and get something I pick up a tiger teddy that I want Liam takes it and puts it up with the others things and pays for them everyone but niall has things to carry. We hear a bunch of screaming girls and they start grouping around us I’m getting pushed around slapped and tripped I scream for Perrie then everything goes black.