MOON PHASE - 3

I rolled my eyes at the lady who was calling me. She went up to me and thanked me for assisting her young kid. When she embraced me, I started sensing all the emotions she had carried in her heart for her child, such as her care for the child and how joyful she was when she found her girl okay.  I closed my eyes and thought that her feelings reminded me of how important family is to us.

Sometimes we didn't realize how much parents cared about their child. I should take Eosa’s advice and visit home soon. Maria’s mother let me out of her embrace. With a freaky smile, I sheepishly rolled my hand on my head.

"Oh, no no .."

I responded awkwardly. Well, I'm the type of person that never knows how to react when someone compliments me. Perhaps, it's not in my system to receive praise. haha. And I laughed unflatteringly.

        After arriving home at 6 p.m. The atmosphere in Santee's downtown streets was magnificent. The sun was setting far away on the bed of the mountains beneath the Santee River’s bank. Such a gorgeous dusk view from where I lived in a tiny house. Which I had landed it from a friend of mine.

The house was a one-story tiny house with a one-bedroom kitchen adjacent to the living room, a size of roughly 261 square feet, adequate for a single person to live in, and an attached garage. Exactly like my ideal home. That's something I've always wanted. So without a single thought I just purchased it.

After a long and frantic day, I finally arrived home. While parking the car, I saw a neighbor's dog staring at me, sticking his tongue out and wagging his tail. I gave him the present gesture.

"Hey Bruno, lovely boy".

Bruno began bouncing up and down, shaking his tail. When I rubbed his back with my hands. I played with him for a while before saying farewell and walking towards the gate to my house.

To open the door, I placed an old key into a rusted lock. I assumed I'll have to change my door lock before it jams again. While unlocking the door, the familiar nightmare flashed through my mind as I struggled with the stuck door lock. As I had been experiencing that nightmare for the past three months.

“Is that some type of sign?”

In the dream, I had been kept seeing queens or princesses, monarchs, and their troops fighting for something valuable, similar to the royal battle. I'm not sure about the specifics, but everyone appears to have been present on the battlefield.

And the constable-like figure was denounced as horrible by the opposing party. His vile aura likewise appeared to be malevolent. He was too terrifying.
Every time in that night terror, he shouted in front of me with his devilish expression, and it woke me up from the dream straight away. It was blood-curdling. I’m not sure why I had that dream always.

Well, I had never been fascinated about any mellow dramas or fond of reading any historical novels prior to my schooling. This type of film has never been my cup of tea. Honestly saying, during my schooling, history classes always made me sleepy. That is why I picked science as a future carrier.
Finally, the door opened, I swooped into the house, turned on the lights, and my brief happiness changed to sadness. I let out a long sigh...

"Santo Dios. (Oh God)”.  I wailed.

“I forgot to clean my room again."

Everything was in disarray. I couldn't save myself from this rubbish shower because the things were splayed across the floor, on the couches, and even on the table. I was completely exhausted and had no energy to do chores. So I grabbed a towel and made my way to the bathroom.

"Let's just ignore the spread stuff on the floor and focused on a pleasant hot bath shower,"  I murmured to myself.
A peaceful shower instantly wakened up my appetite. I went to the kitchen and took out the plate of Chilaquiles into the refrigerator. Which I packed from the street food truck while returning to the university.