MOON PHASE - 10

Someone has well said: 'Sooner or later, every last echo fades. Even the loudest thunder in the deepest valley.'

One day, I built a sand castle at the beach for the very first time. It was merely a shapeless elevated surface at first. Later, putting in some additional work to improve it, the structure of the pillars may be noticeable after a few trials. Eventually, it appeared that the persistent hard effort and sweating had paid off. My first sandcastle was finally completed. It wasn't perfect. But it' was sufficient enough to satisfy a little kid. That day I was on a cloud nine. In a short period of time, the attachment grew exceedingly strong. I didn't even allow anyone to touch it. But who knew this euphoria would vanished in an instant? A massive wave dragged my most prized possession into the water before I realized what had happened.

I was around 5 at the time. It made me feel devastated. I sobbed for the entire evening, screeched till my throat got sore, and even stubbornly skipped the meal that day as well. Eventually, all were not worth the candle. Well, things never occur the way we wanted.

I am blessed with a loving household. Those who were committed to one other no matter what. We are continuously encouraging of one another. My childhood was the most fantastic gift I ever received. Despite the flawless family portrait, I was still looking for the cordial missing puzzle.

Ultimately, few paths are bounded to walk alone only by ourselves. And the biggest twisted path is our own destiny. That's what I believed.

I have an introspective personality since always. Haha... I remembered the first time stayed away from the home. It was my first day at my elementary school. I was highly strung. Where Other children were making friends when I was just seated tightly hugging my school bag in the corner bench, wishing to finish school as soon as possible and see my peaceful home again.

I was attending school regularly, but not enjoying it there. As no one was my friend there. Other students were mocking me. Perhaps they had found something unusual in me. I couldn't understand and even didn't care about it.

One day, A classmate was teasing me, suddenly a girl stepped up and spoke up for me. We'd become pals since then. Sophia was her name. I believed she was the reason I began to admire everything. She changed my perspective. We were like soulmates to one another. We were doing practically every activity together. Sophia was the one who showed me how to feel all of life's colors. Everything was going swimmingly. We used to roam around and have a good time together. But the days of euphoria were passing in the blink of an eye.

I remembered one day when Sophia went to her hometown on winter vacation, she and I were used to talking on call for almost an entire day. Well, I already have an older sister, though Sophia's present made me more comfortable. We were both glued to each other like some loving couples. Hahahaha... her memories make me feel delighted.

One day, all of a sudden I felt extremely agitated. My head burned up and my heart was racing faster than usual. My breathing started heavily. It seemed something was choked into my throat. The same event I had experienced after 5 to 6 years. I was in my bedroom at that time. I heard my phone ring. It's undoubtedly Sophia. I stood up and supported the wall to walk and took the cell phone with a shivering hand.

As I knew, I hardly avoid her call. So I picked up but wasn't able to utter a word. While on the other end was constantly asking for my reply. In a flash, I tumbled a bit and the phone dropped. Instantly I gathered the spread parts of the broken phone and tried to fix them. But it was useless.

An hour later, Mom called me.

"Luna......., Sophia comes to see you. Hurry up come downstairs quickly."