MOON PHASE - 22

Instantly, The illusory projection screen metamorphosed into a million tiny glitter particles and drifted away in the air. Nevertheless,  the apparition of my previous  sin was endlessly replayed in front of me.

“What have I done?” 

I said after what I had witnessed about my Past life.

I took a step backward. Then witlessly, ran and ran and ran until I was deadly weary. My body was perspiring profusely. I was gasping fiercely and my vision was blurry. My legs could no longer supported me standing motionless. Eventually, I collapsed near the river.

My entire body was shivering. I used my hands to aid and hunched over the waterside to wash out my tired face. The river was flowing smoothly and continuously. Though it was steady at the riverbank. I saw my pale reflection under the calm water. It appeared as if I had seen a ghost or something. I scooped up the cold water and splashed it over my face. I plopped down there. In my stomach, I felt a twitch. The harrowing scenario of my anamnesis was pursuing me. I was having trouble breathing. Suddenly everything went blank.

The moment later, I felt my head was spinning  when I woke up. I discovered myself in bed. I tried to sit up while clasping my head with my hands.

“You wake up?”

Eosa responded, sipping a cappuccino while resting her shoulder at my bedroom entrance.

“Hey, that’s my favorite mug. Didn’t you find something else?”

I shouted first. But my tiredness prevented to continue.

She giggled and took another sip.

“Hehehe. Take it easy, pal. I will take a good care of it. I promise.”

I wasn’t on state to argue with her. I took a sigh.

“So you took me here?” 

“Yeah, I actually followed you since you fled like a maniac. You were unconscious near the riverside. When I found you.” She replied.

Flashback revived again in my head.

“Yeah, I think I got anxious again.” I replied.

She had put the mug aside on the nightstand, and plopped down next to me on bed. She pet my shoulder and replied,

“It must be hard for you. But I know you will manage in no time.”

“Besides there are lot to know about you past.”

I flinched.

“What? Story didn’t finish yet? I thought that was the end.”

Eosa replied.

“Oh actually Mother nature had to leave for vital job. So she stopped there.”

“Oh.” I said.

She stood up and went to wash up the coffee mug and stated.

“Now go and get ready.  You still have some training to do.”

I replied while fumbled with my bedstead.

“Is that so? Didn’t I had already awaken my superpowers.”

“What are you talking about? You have a long way to go. Now go get shower at least.” She grinned.

I said sarcastically. Besides how was I supposed to argue with a divine angel?  Perhaps she had a lot more capability than me.

“Yeah, yeah. Laugh, laugh. You can say like that because you have your powers. Lucky you.”

She was about to left the room and stopped after what I said, and replied.

“There is no such thing as luck exist as long as you don’t try it.”

“Now, stop wailing like a child and go for a shower. Will ya?”

She stated and went off the room while holding her laugh with another hand. I was perplexed by her behavior. I never knew, she could also give serious speeches like this. I got  impressed. Well, I didn’t have anything left to argue. So I just crept and stepped out of bed.

“Yeah, I’m going.”

I had just gotten out from shower when the doorbell rang.

I came out while drying my dump hair with a towel. When I heard the buzzing sound several times. I tossed the towel aside and walked over to the front door. Held the doorknob in one hand and muttered the words in irritation as I  pushed the door open.

“Who’s getting im……patient….?”

After I got the sight of a person who had stood in front of the door. My frustration switched to confusion. I started finding words to address that person but brain didn’t processing correctly.

“Hello miss.”

While greeting, the person at the door responded with beaming yet kind smile, tucked his hands behind his back and slightly bent his head with respect.

When I saw him, the very first thought crashed to my mind was, he could be a salesperson. But my observation skills instantly denied the fact. Because his personality was too classy to work as a salesman. Even though his physique and well behaved gesture persistently giving the vibe of a celebrity.

I wanted to asked him, ‘ sir, did you lost the path? If not, then what was a celeb person doing at my place?’

Never mind, I gathered my vivid imaginations and just simply asked,

“Sir, how can I help yo……u?”

Eventually, I asked, but later I spotted something odd. Behind him was a sea of a trees, and the garden outside my house had long gone. Who knows where? Just like my house was placed in the middle of a jungle.

I immediately raised my guard. And before ask who the person was?  Eosa sprung out from the kitchen.

“Your Royal Highness.” She yelled and rushed to greet him.

What, another royal member? Since when can I get used to all of this? I held my nose bridge. Then I elbowed her who was bowed down in greeting and I whispered to her.

“Eosa, who is he?”

“What?” Eosa reacted.

“How can you not recognize your…..”

She paused as she realized something.
“Oh, right right.” She said.

She pulled me closed to the door and introduced with him.

“Luna, meet Prince Theia.” She looked Extremely excited.

I thought, I had heard that name somewhere. I bowed my head and about to say hello when she completed her sentence.

“Your Father.”

Ahh mother nature mentioned it before. I didn’t expect him to be this attractive. I was already overjoyed.  Besides on our first meeting, I felt uneasy referring someone stranger my father.

“Hello.” I said.

He reached out his hand with warm smile.

“Let’s go.” He said.

I was almost on the edge of uttering a word ‘yes’. When I became aware, I was still  wandering in my house-clothing after I had taken a shower.

“Wait, please come in. Let me change first.”

After inviting him, I turned to walk to my bedroom. But Eosa drew me back to the living room. She was grinning while pushing me over the front  door.

“No need for that. He he he..”

She snapped her finger and golden dust draped me entirely then it gradually drained down and vanished before touching the ground. But I saw, the every areas that dust came into contact with had changed, such as my tousled hair replaced by messy high bun, the pajamas and loose T-shirt I had been wearing since my shower were swapped with a white mock neck tank top, a off blue high waist buggy jeans and white sneaker.

“Ta..da.” Eosa shouted and jazzed her hands.

“Now let’s go.”

I didn’t have anything to say so I followed them and closed the door behind me. And as I left the door nob, the door Instantly disappeared.

After few steps of walking on the jungle path we ended up in front of a cascade. I looked here and there. Then found a narrow unpaved road on it’s west direction. Without any delayed, I confidently approached ahead. But later I realized I didn’t hear foot steps of people behind me. So I turned and saw my bio-dad and Eosa had stopped in front of that cascade.

At first, I thought they must had been thirsty. Therefore I slipped my backpack down to find water bottle. I had almost found it so I grabbed the bottle and about handed them when I frozen on my way. I saw dad and Eosa started walking further. They both were walking comfortably on the water surface. My jaw dropped and the bottle in my had dropped on the ground.

“Thud”

Eosa turned to see over my direction as she heard the sound of bottle hitting the ground. She smiled and signaled me happily.

“Come on.” She said.

I ran immediately but my feet didn’t dare to approach further in the water.

“Eosa, I.. I think, I can’t do it.”

Father arrived as he saw me. And with a gentle smile he extended his hand to help.

“Don’t worry, you are safe. Come.”

I held his hand cautiously.  He pulled me up, so I lifted my head to view him, and before I knew it, I was comfortably standing on the water. I couldn’t believe my eyes, so I stepped and leapt on the water’s surface while still clutching father’s hand. I felt like I was walking on the cushions.

Hence,  my happiness didn’t last. When I noticed Father and Eosa heading toward the cascade.

Eosa hurriedly went behind me.
“I knew, you would react like this.” She said.

“Well of course, this is not my usual….” I replied.

Eosa grabbed my arm and pulled me over the cascade before I could completed my sentence. We appeared to be passing through a giant white silky-smooth curtain. In an instant, We were on the other side of the cascade.

I found, a colossal grassland was in front of us. I turned to look at Eosa, and I was all surprised. Her clothes had been changed. The person in front me looked like a worrier.

“Hey, Eosa look your outfits have changed. You looked like a ‘Wonder Woman’.”

She backed up her long brown leather coat and flipped her high braided ponytail. She replied by placing one hand of her leather skirt waist. While pointing toward with other hand at me.

“Me? Why don’t you take a look on yourself.” She said.

As she stated. I was astonished when I caught sight of myself. Nonetheless, the pristine white worrier armor looked lovely on me. I turned behind me and saw Father was also dressed in battle garb. I believed it changed when we penetrated through the waterfall.

Father made a hand sign and manipulate the water. The water swirled in the air, gradually it freezing into a crystal swords.

“Let’s  see how much you remembered.”

He replied  and seized one of the sword. Then he landed one to me.
At first, obediently I took the sword. But later what I heard his words. I frightened.

“What? No no, swords combat or fighting is not my cup of tea?”

I replied and put the dangerous weapon carefully on the ground. I continued.

“Thank you for higher expectations. But you see. I am simply a physics student.”

Father swung his sword around  over his head. He snagged the spherical handle of my sword on the ground with the pointed upper tip of his long sword. Then he threw the sword over me. Without any realization, I caught the sword like a player effortlessly snatched the ball in his one hand.

“How!” I was all startled.

But before I think anything I heard swish of blade echoed in the atmosphere.

“Ready.”

Father said while hurriedly approached toward me with his sharp long blade.
My mind was blanked but my body was all in action. I struggled clasping the handle of my sword with both of my hands in front of me, as I reflexively attempting to block his strike. My hands trembled as his blade was pressing firmly on me.

“Not bad.”

He smirked and withdrew his sword.
But here I was all panting heavily. Sweat was  pouring down on my body. I felt like I was going to collapse at any moment.

He attempted a few more times. I barely managed to repel either attack. And I’d reached my limit. I was gasping fiercely. I desperately wanted to tell him to stop, but words couldn’t make their way through the heavy breathing traffic.

At last, with his final attack, my sword swung aside. I was on the ground, unconscious. Obviously, trainee had no chance to stand against  the legend.
Father came to me and set on his knee.

“That’s okay,  you did great after so long. Just try to concentrate.” He replied with a gently smile.

I was panting.

“Father.” I said.

“Yes. What it is?” He responded with gentle tone.

The repeated question was constantly irritating me for quite sometimes. And I eagerly wanted to ask to them. Out of curiosity or because of my trepidation.

“I saw you and Mother Nature are a such an excellent worriers. Then why should you require me to prepare this hard for the upcoming events?”

“I doubt any opponents can’t stand against you.”

I paused a bit then continued,

“And even if I try harder ten times then before, still it’s impossible for me to reach at you level. Then why me only and not other legendary deities?”

He kept smile on his face and replied with little tense voice.

“That’s the problem here.”

You see. Because of divine curse we are just a celestial bodies in the galaxy. We can’t use out real form.”

I was still confused. So he continued.

“And you are talking with just our illusionary body. It has some limits. We can’t stay longer in this form. Therefore, we are using it just to guide you.”

“Ohhh……. Is that so?” I reacted.
He continued,

“Well.  You will recall everything. So Just try to make your mind like a pure water first.”

I took a deep breath few more times. Then tried again. Although the results were the same. My sword and I both were tossed on the ground.

“I can’t do it.” I sounded like I had already gave up.

Father said in kind voice.

“My child, what it is bothering you?”
“Your mind is still struggling to find peace.”

I lowered my gaze. How could I deny. Of course there were numerous distractions. Everything from my previous encounter. Since the time, Mother nature recalled me the events of my history and the sin I committed, constantly concerning me.

“Father, I had made unforgettable mistakes. How my mind stay in peace after I had gotten betrayed like that?”
I replied with embarrassment.

He put his two fingers over my temple and replied.

“Let’s see, what concerns you so much.”

Minutes later. He replied.

“Hmm… I see.”

He took a pause, Withdrew his fingers and continued.

“Well, there is still lot to learn. You can’t reach a conclusion, unless you know everything.”

“What point of knowing anything. Its fruitless." I replied disappointedly.

"Perhaps, the further story change your mind."

He placed one more time his fingers over my temple and scenery changed in front of me.