MOON PHASE - 14

Damned Alex. I wanted to kill him.

I was about to flee away and now you are trying to make up between us. I was cursing Alex badly under my breath, suddenly Kai replied.

“Sounds great. What do you think, Luna?”

A gentle breeze and illuminating bulbs line the side of the paved pedestrian road in the garden, creating a wonderful ambience. We both lazily walked to the lake, the end part of the garden. The night sky was aglow with city lights. It blanketed of stars that stretched to infinity.

However, today my only attention was the Kai instead of the night sky. I glanced over the quarter moon just above us. Its left half visible side was sparkling brighter then usual nights.  Despite the fact, the moon might be in half for the rest of the world. But to me, it seemed more then complete at the moment.

And the way, inky darkness affectionately hugging it’s another half. Just like Kai’s warmth company melded me into him tonight. I turned my gaze to Kai who was standing next to me. He looked back with his affectionate dimple smile. Then I murmured to myself,

“Isn’t the quarter moon up in the sky appeared exact replica of us on the earth, right now?”

“It doesn’t matter how much flaws we have. Someone is always out there to make you complete.”

Kai took a step closer and leaned over the railing against the water. His hair was blowing in the breeze. He raised his right hand and pushed his hair away from his face.  He noticed that I was staring at him again. So to minimize the weird silence he initiated the talk.

“The weather is amazing tonight . Isn’t it?”

I replied while pulling my hairs from the shoulder.

“Indeed. The place is also nice as well.”

He tried to extend the talk. Well, we didn’t have other choices left. Since those two were abandoned us here.

“Is this your first time here or did you often comes here?”

I could tell him the truth about that foxy Alex’s nasty plan. That how he manipulated the poor innocent girl so well. I was on the verge of crying. But I kept my tears at bay and responded professionally.

“Actually, Alex is my research partner at the University. And he wanted to extend his knowledge in the area. So he decided to meet one of his colleague and here we ended up here.”

Nothing was true, but I couldn’t  blabber everything in front of him. Alex is still friend. I couldn’t spoil his reputations.  And I was wishing he didn’t ask further questions about the date. Therefore, before he came up with another question. I tried to change the topic.

“That day, at the beach I didn’t even thanked you properly.”

“Oh yeah, I urgently had to go somewhere. But that’s okay. Anybody could do the same. ” He grinned.

“Did you often go there? I mean at the beach?” He asked

I replied while gazing over the lake.

“Not regularly, just when I feels blue. Go there to ease up the mood.”

He nodded.

“Yeah, where ever I get spare time, I go there for surfing. Quite refreshing.”

He chortled and flipped his strands behind his back with his hand. I was intrigued after seeing the tattoo on his hand. I couldn’t wait to ask him about it. Of course, we met several times, but we still didn’t get along, so I backed off. But instead, I sought to learn something else. As I knew he was the same grocery store guy. Though I wanted to double-check.