MOON PHASE - 7

I was pretty serious at first to let know my family about my issues, but I quickly changed my mind.

“Never mind. They don’t understand. Didn’t I already try a bunch of times in the past?”

Every time I said something like this, they started laughing at me. Arora was the first who made jokes about me.

When I walked into the room, grandma entered. She made a glass of juice for me and offered it to me before engaging in conversation. When we were conversing I didn’t know when I had forgotten about the funfair old lady, whom I had been overly concerned. I thanked Grandma for making me feel relieved of my worries.

“Tita, thank you. I feel so much better talking to you."

She spent some time sitting close to me. I rested my head on her lap and she massaged my head. Whenever I felt down, she always gave me this head massage.

The ‘New Moon’ or ‘the ‘No Moon’ night allowed stars to twinkle even more than usual days. The black beauty of the sky was a loner without the moon.

I was just back in town after spending a cheerful time with my family. But the feeling of nervousness deteriorated the mood. The sense of despair overwhelmed me.  The air surrounding me went heavy and heavy. Doubted and discomfort thoughts tugged on me. Uneasiness and fearfulness were crawling into my stomach. Somehow, I managed myself. But holding back was impossible.

Historically, During the new moon phase, my chances of having a panic episode increases. Instead of returning to my tiny house. On the way to home, I witnessed an incredible beach party on the beach. A group of folks gathered to lift their spirits after a long day at work. I opted to attend the beach party. I reckoned some distractions might be beneficial.

However, My emotions were too high, and mixed feelings were going to ruin the celebration, and I was not in the mood to deal with mayhem. Hence, Rather than joining the crowd, I elected to stand alone on the cliff with my strange mental health condition.

The breeze was strong, and the sea-level was surging. Suddenly, the blue sky was obscured by dark clouds. Before I can say knife, it's started bucketing down. Swarm was returning from the beach. I also left the place as the tidal wave was hitting unexpectedly high that night.

I arrived at a park and took a seat on a bench. The heavy shower erupted as a result of the severe weather. But I didn't give a damn. Because my mood was sufficiently spoilt, I didn't want to worry about anything. So I stood up to look for cover. I came to a halt after a few feet when I heard youngsters laughing; I approached and found them playing and dancing on the wet road. Rather than seeking shelter, I discovered another bench in the park. Those children had already captured my interest. So I approached and sat there for a bit. I also spotted a younger guy playing with them. Because of the tenebrosity, it's difficult to view them clearly.

Still, thanks to the light from a street pole over there, which was providing enough brightness to drag my compass on that youth. When he raised his hand in the air and began leaping like a baby in a puddle of water, the reflected light of the street pole fell on one side of his hand.

I followed the reflected light to his hand, which led me to his half-downward inclined head, veiled by scattered hair, which shrouded his face till the lower end to his nose tip. However,  the half of his face especially from the lower side of his cheek; a dimple pit could be clearly visible beneath the bounced-back light, when he grinned. That enthralling scene had taken all my inquisitiveness. It made me forget about my all apprehension.  it's happened just by glancing at him! I was curious.

Suddenly, I observed something peculiar when the guy raised both his arms in the air. I spotted the tattoo. The exact peas in a pod tattoo that I had seen that day, in the wrist of a guy at the grocery store. The guy with the Nike snapback hat whom I was bummed with. My keenness grows. I rose from the bench and began going towards him.

I went to the side street light pole after a few steps ahead crossing the road. simply to see them properly. At that point, Lightning bolted, the dreary night was altered into the glistening sky. But instead of squinting in the snapshot flash, my eyes were wide open and I was frozen like a stone.

I was dumbfounded with the  enchanting view right in front of me. When the light shined the face of that guy and he lifted his head, his wavy scattered hair flited a bit and his alluring face became uncovered. His charming facial skin glowed in the dim light, like the ocean surface reflecting in the moonlight.

Night sky went into its regular gloomy state since so long once the lightning struck but my time was alread  froze into that  wondrous after image. He was completely engrossed in the rain dance. Making him pretty carefree at the moment. Water drops were dripping on the ground and producing mellifluous sound, tuning with the  thunder and lightning which composing  the background music. And the youth was the lead performer of that central stage on Inky night road. Beats of every dripping sound were coordinating with that youth’s foot-tapping moves. I guessed I was the only  blessed person there as an audience. Such a marvelous view.

He leaned back slightly, and his closed eyelids were feeling the rainy droplets who were eagerly coming down to kiss his skin. His body was completely  drenched. But it seemed water droplets were hugging every part of his body and melded into him. It seemed like he was receiving the rain love with open arms.

He was cherishing playing in the rain, just like a peacock desired to dance in the rain. He had me spellbound as he gently opened his eyes and lifted his eyelids. It strongly pulled all my attentions by the gravity of his dazzling jet-black eyes, when the yellow street-light mirrored from his cornea. It was deep like the ocean.

Raindrops fell gracefully on his silk garden hair. Then it gently dropped down to play with his long, scattered hair. Further, they slipped down on his as serene as saint eyebrows.  So I followed a raindrop as it travelled down from the left temporal side of the brow, past the cheeks, and snuggled into a deep dark dimple.

Ahhhhh... what I would say about his killing dimple pit? That drop-dead dimple smile was adding extra charm to his beauty. The heart-melting dimple on the left side of his lips that accentuated the beauty of his rose-pink smile.

Well, I am not a writer or a fortune-teller, but I am pretty sure that, there is way no escape for those who falls into that dimple pit. It stole my breath away when I saw him. And I couldn't take off my eyes if I wanted to. His charm, attacked on me like some kind of spellbinding. I was thoroughly  immersed in the contemplation of his beauty.

Another lightning struck and my daydreaming broke. I ran and hide under the tree side of the road. Before he found out that someone was contemplating him.

The place where I was standing was quite dark. I missed a stride while running towards the tree, and my leg twisted little. It made me yelp. But before anyone discovered I covered my mouth. He turned his head towards my direction and my heart lurched. But then he turned back again and mingled in playing with kids in rain. I don't think so, he had noticed me.

The rain already eased to a lazy drizzling, the kids started off returned to their dwellings. The young man had left the place as well a little time afterwards. I was still waited there for a while. In the vain hope that I could meet him again.  I sighed and began going back to my house.

I hurriedly finished my ablution and winded up quickly some house craft. I directly landed on the bed. But didn’t end up sleeping. The park occurrence gave me a sense of 'déjà vu'. A slew of questions raced through my mind:

"Did I already meet him? Or Is he the same tattooed guy from the grocery store? And why have I developed such strong feelings for someone I've just met once? No, I'd only seen him once from afar.”

That individual was mulled over and over again. He had literally erased all of my bleak outlooks and dismal perspectives in the blink of an eye. Just like a magician snapped a finger and the bird vanished into thin air.

I knew they were merely naive lines of thought, which lasting in time. Though I couldn't help myself. It bewitched my thoughts with the cassette, which had played on repeat mode till I became exhausted and fell asleep.

The next morning, I was jolted awake from my dream just as the alarm went off. But this time, the situation was pretty contrasting then my usual days.