MOON PHASE - 4

Eosa was quite flabbergasted with my statment. She blinked and spoke with a satisfying smile

"You took the right decision."

Alex took his glass off and spoke while cleaning the smudge on the glass surface.

"Well, I will stay here as I have to collect some money for next year. Thank you for asking."

We three looked at each other and laughed. Because Eosa and I were excited about our holiday plans and forgot to even ask about Alex's holiday plans.

              So the day finally arrived, the very first day of the Christmas holiday. The first blush of morning cast a rosy hue across the morning sky. Gradually, the beautiful chilly pink morning arose.  Slowly converting into golden dust, which is scattered in the surrounding. And the glowing dust touched every place, it bloomed with bright light. I decided yesterday to go for a morning walk. So I woke up early,  I usually feels pretty light-headed during the holiday. it makes me bustling and enthusiastic. Otherwise, it was recalcitrant to wake me up in the early morning on a regular working day. The reason behind that is, it’s alarming me of the entire day’s monotonous schedules. Which let me end up on all the motivation to get up. Anyways, I got ready myself with mustered hoodie jacket, a solid olive drab jogger, and a pair of Nick shoes. I never forget to take on an air headset to enjoy my favorite track while running. So I went out for a jog on an eye-captivating autumn morning. There is nothing more pleasing than relishing the color transformation of the tree leaves in this season. And can’t wait to see the frost on the ground in the morning. Apart from that,  One more thing I cherished during autumn was: crushing the fallen dry-dead leaves beneath my feet. It mesmerized me with every crunching sound. I know it's childish, but it’s a kinda meditative method to instantly boost my mood.

I came back to my tiny house after chilling out with morning nature, wrapped up household chores, then packed my bag, took my car, and geared up myself to go to my parent’s place. They lived in Coronado, California resort city on a peninsula in San Diego Bay. It's approx. 21 miles away by car from the place where I live. It was clear weather out there. I had worn shades to protect me from photophobia on a sunny day.

I began the journey with a turned-on radio station. An innocent smile quickly appeared on the corner of my lips, as the song of Trivia: Love, from the RM of the BTS, was played on the radio. The frame of my mind was enchanted by the lyrics of the song. I carelessly sang along with my dissonant voice. If I were along with someone else, they would probably threw me away from the car by now or handed me to the cops for creating noise pollution in the peace-loving city. So I almost reached home, as it’s half an hour away from Santee. All of a sudden, I remembered my head injury. I was about to meet them after years and I didn’t want to make them worry. So I rubbed my hand over my head area. Just to check any scar left on my forehead. And took a relief sigh. Because it was an internal injury and no scar was visible on the spot. My parents always had busy schedules, even they hardly make time for each other. My dad is an astrophysicist. And my mum is a space scientist. They have been accomplished in the Laboratory of Astrophysics research at The Center for Astrophysics & Space Sciences (CASS) at the University of California. I was a bit excited to meet my parents, elder sister, and my grandparents to spend precious time together, it’s a kinda family reunion event in the hometown.

I parked my car at the front gate of my parent’s house. The house is a single Ranch style. It’s a single-story house with a long low roofline, ground-hugging properties profile, and plain in style, which is a kind of popular style of house in San Diego, California. It’s a Spanish colonial architectural design. The home features open floor plans throughout. There is a basement and garage attached to it too. The house had large windows so the sunlight effortlessly entered the house and airy interior. My father plated the name “El Cielo Martiano” which means ‘Marti’s heaven’ in Acrylic Letters designed on a wooden plaque, at the main door wall of the house. My father had dreamt to hang the family name on the gate.