MOON PHASE - 36

It was a serene evening. The sky was ablaze with the fire of the setting sun. The night sky was aglow with bright orange lights. In the gentle breeze, the chilly evening gradually turned into night.

Tristan was travelling back to his old hut after dropping June off at her house. When he spotted three men plotting a robbery at surrounding houses, he became alarmed. They were having conversations beneath the light pole beside the small river footbridge.
Tristan happened to be passing by and overheard their conversation. He tried to listen to them carefully by hiding behind the tree at the bridge’s corner as he suspected their objectives were improper. He leaned forward to hear them clearly while they whispering under their breath. 

At the time, Tristen’s leg had stepped on a dry stick. That sound alerted the three men. They stopped talking, and one of them began to investigate who was listening to them. As a result, Tristan quickly concealed under the dark side of the tree, where the street light couldn’t reach. 

One of the men approached the tree where Tristan was hidden. That man took a brief peek here and there. He stood there for quite some time. But he didn’t find anything. Thus, he retreated.

Tristan heard the footsteps returning. And, when given the opportunity, he attempted to flee before being apprehended. However, those goons noticed him and began sprinting after him to catch him.

Tristan managed to escape their grasp. And he ran away from the scene as soon as he could, but one of his ripped shoes was left behind. Those men discovered the shoe but were unable to apprehend the youngster.

Throughout the night, he was thinking about that men’s planning as he heard the name of Mr. Pham. He remembered, June had mentioned about that person, few days ago.

“Is it the same individual June described to me? I need to find out before they do anything to him. “ He thought.

The next morning, Tristan devised a strategy to capture those men and ruin their plans. His owl ‘Bubo’ had been studying him for a long time while he was deep in thought.

Finally, Bubo blinked twice in a flash, twisted his neck and returned back to normal and inquired,

“What are you thinking about?”

Tristan folded his tiny hands and answered,

“I was planning to apprehend criminals. I’ve decided to gather residents in front of Mr. Pham’s residence. So that, the robbers’ scheme failed. But how to acquire folks over there?”

He put his hand over his chin, his brows twitched as he was thinking intently.

“I might speak to June’s family.” He initially thought, however his face dropped with another thought,

“But they might not trust me or June. I’ll have to find another route.”

He came up with an solution,

“Idea.”

“Every night, an elderly lady came to walk down the street. I’ll grab something from her and dash towards Mr. Pham’s house, When those men enter Mr. Pham’s residence.”

"And if I run away with something from the lady, she starts screaming, and people rush over to rescue her. And when she pointed at me, I started sprinting towards Mr. Pham’s house. The group of people will rush to pursue me. I’ll accompany them to all of Mr. Pham’s gates.”

“And  bamn.”

“Those goons will catch.”

Bubo replied lazily,

“Wow amazing plan.” He said sarcastically.

Then Bubo flapped his wings and replied,

“Now let me sleep. I have some work to do at night.”

The dusking sun casted long shadows on the ground. Gradually darkish blanket embroidered with dazzling stars slowly overcomes the slanting orange tinge rays to the sky.  

Tristan waited for the robbers to show up. He was concealed behind a street lamp pole. When he noticed those men walking towards Mr. Pham’s residence. He implemented his tactic. Everything was going as Tristen had planned.

He followed through on his decision. He gathered the mob outside Mr. Pham’s house before the robbers get chance to leave the place. Finally his strategy to expose the robbers was successful.     
Mr. Pham thanked him to save his properties. He felt proud inside himself and June were also arrived there. She was also happy for him. She told her mom,

“See mom. Didn’t I tell you? Tristan was a good boy. He proved it today. He didn’t even care about his life. He put himself in big risk to save uncle Pham.”

After the incidence, June’s family and other changed there views for that boy.

Those three men, on the other hand, were filled with outrage and animosity They made the boy a target for retaliation after he exposed them in front of everyone.

One day on a sunny spring noon. The season of rebirth and rejuvenation, awakened  the nature from deep slumber and it became active again and brought a new life to Earth. The sky was overcast with clouds and chilly gust were blowing.

Tristan and June were enjoying play in the park beneath a gigantic oak tree. June was swinging on the swing of a tree limb, and Tristan was helping her swung from her back.

While hanging, June’s feet were touching with the grazed grass. And her delighted smile expressed how happy she was. Unaware of the evil intentions of the malevolent people.  

There are few mischievous people from the society. Those wordless people who did  nothing just seat idly all day and always vexing others and creating troubles. They could even kill anybody for money.

They had eyes on Tristan. As they were well awarded of boy’s bad reputation in Inhabitants. Those people had made plan to implicate in their conspiracy.
Those scoundrels hatched a plot to assassinate June and pin all the blame on Tristan for the crime of murdering a female. Therefore, they tracked Tristan and June’s every move: where they went, what they did, when they met, and so on.

Those three scumbags were regularly seen in the same place. That was the area close to the church. However, Tristan noticed that those three individuals had not been seen in their usual location for a few days. Nonetheless, he ignored the fact since he was too preoccupied with his best friend.

Furthermore, Tristan’s reputation improved in front of the habitats, but it was not enough for everyone to warmly embrace him since many individuals still claimed that he was a cursed child.

Tristan was on his way somewhere, when a man in an eerie coat and cap approached him and said to him that June was waiting for him under the bridge.

It was weird as they typically met at their usual location. But when he heard the name June, he bolted. He assumed she was in trouble since she told someone to call me.

He immediately started running towards the river bridge, but when he got there, his eyes widened, he was perspiring profusely—not from running quickly, but from the shock. He stood there motionless as he was taken aback to learn that someone was fainted down near the waterway, and there was bleeding all over the footbridge.

He became numbed. The Adrenaline flushed through his entire body. He went near the dead body to check who she was. Gradually he took steps forward.  He became immobilized and his legs stopped moving when he turned the body with his trembling hands. He was terrified by what he saw as a result.

Indeed, it was June’s body. She had been murdered. Tristan was too scared to accept when he heard the noise of people who where coming towards him. Those three men were their too. And they started blaming on Tristan. That he killed the June. Tristan was already in agony because he lost the only person he loved the most.

Tristan heard the noise of people approaching him. But was too immerged to accept reality. They were those three scumbags.  They seized the opportunity as soon as it presented up and started accusing Tristan of killing June. But Tristan was in excruciating pain. As he had already lost the one person he truly loved in a blink of his eyes.

He was unsure of who was responsible for it or how quickly everything had occurred. In agony and despair, he was shuddering. Crowds were dumbfounded as well. They simply accepted what they were shown and made no effort to seek out the truth. 

Everyone began to denounce him. Due to his past reputation, people suspected Tristan was the only one who could have killed June. Folks grew angry with him more and more after the incident. And decided to brutally driven him out of town. 

The poor kid hadn’t recovered from the grief at losing his sole friend. When the surroundings was made much more terrifying by the folks nearby. Tristan was extremely tyranny that he could hardly stand. His throat had been clogged by the terror of the throng. His face had drained all of its color, and he face ashen.  

His entire body was quivering. But he clenched his fists and tried to hold his shivering off. Despite the fact that he was clearly in a state of panic. His hands were clammy and cold. He was weighed down by dread. His eyes darted from left to right.

He strained to keep his shock hidden. But as much as the boy got panicked the more his  demonic being turned to overpower him. And within a second his despair morphed into a sinister power.    

Every everyone that gathered there cursing him witnessed the transformation of the kid and felt more fear with him. As its proven again that the boy was a cursed child.  They thought he was hazardous for the town, and his presence could be disastrous for everyone. So the mob determined to kill him without knowing the truth behind the girl’s death.

When an angry crowd came forwarded to kill the boy. Bubo appeared abruptly, and they both vanished into thin air. Everyone was struck and looking for him everywhere. It was really unusual for the common people engulfed that someone could vanish by utilizing magic.