Chaper 1: Crossfire

Feeling a nudge on his arm, Arthur lifted his head and peered to the left. There in the seat beside him was Pyro, a slight smirk on his face. Pyro motioned for Arthur to look down to the cockpit of the VTOL. The door to the cockpit was open, revealing a concentrating Scout, his piloting skills not the best.

"Watch this." He said with an Irish accent. "Yo, Scout." He yelled to the cockpit.

"Yea, What." Scout responded.

"How much fuckin longer you plan on taking." Pyro taunted. "Me gama could walk faster than you fly this shit."

"Oh, am I not going fucking fast enough for you." Scout yelled back angrily. "If I'm not flying fast enough how about you get your IRA ass up here and fly it yourself."

Pyro burst out laughing as Scout continued to cuss him out. "Gets him EVERY time."

Staring at him blankly, Arthur told him. "You do understand he's the one flying right."

"I tell him that every damn time." Sebastion informed. "Toying with Scout, who already isn't that mentally stable, really isn't something I suggest doing."

Arthur zoned out as Pyro and Sebastion argued. He watched the blue energy flowing though the exosuit he wore. The X5 Exosuit was built from nanotechnology and covered the entire body of the user. Arthurs exosuit was colored the base silver with blue energy running through it. Next to him, Pyro's exosuit was silver with orange energy running through it.

With the color of the energy corresponding to the power the user wields. Pyros was orange because his exosuit granted him the ability to manipulate fire and create it from the suit's energy. Like Arthur, Sebastion's suit was blue, the base color for energy as silver is the base color for the exosuit.

Blue usually meant the exosuit user held no unnatural ability like manipulating fire, or teleporting as Scout could. Even with this ability, Scouts suit was all the base colors. Looking beside Sebastion to the other side of the VTOL, Arthur examined the two sitting next to each other. One being Musashi, the wielder of Ryu Ken, and the other, Rika, the group's medic.

Rika's exosuit was silver with green energy flowing through it, while Musashi's was silver with blue energy flowing through it. After Arthur finished with his examination of his friends, he realized it was finally time to get ready. He stood up as his exosuit shifted to cover his face.

"Remember everyone." Scout began as he landed the VTOL. "The job is to check out the bunker and retrieve the information inside." He stood up from his seat as his exosuit moved up his head, covering his blond hair. "And since Deadeye felt the mission was little to sketchy, him, Foxtrot, Wolf and Rook are in a VTOL about a mile north just in case something goes wrong."

"Everybody Ready." After getting confirmation from everybody, Scout slammed a button to his left and the back ramp to the VTOL lowered. "Let's go."

The six walked through the jungle, their exosuits alien compared to the vegetation around them. With Arthur leading the way to the objective, an intelligence bunker abandoned after WWIII, they made good time. The entire trip only took ten minutes, and they were at the entrance to the bunker.

The entrance to the bunker was a small hut made of metal with the door already open. "I think deadeye might have been right." Scout sighed.

"Alright everyone, just stay put as I call Deadeye." A moment later, Scout outstretched his hand, palm up, and a hologram of Deadeye appeared above his hand.

"What's going on?" Deadeye asked. Deadeye's exosuit was silver with red energy flowing through it. Over his exosuit was camouflage that blended him in to his surroundings.