Chapter 29: A Presidents Second Term

"Damn has it been an eventful day!" Zodiac held Felix up in the air by the throat. Without another word, a blast of electrified blue energy tore through Felix's head, splattering blood and brain across the ground. After throwing Felix's body to the ground, Zodiac turned to face the exosuit users facing him.

"What about the rest of you?" Zodiac looked from Malachi to Reyshin and then at Nero to Outlast. "How's your day been cause mine has been fan-fucking-tastic?"

Malachi simply stared at Zodiac before clapping his hands together, a small gust of wind causing his hood to fall from his head. "Another ghost of the past back to haunt the living of today."

"You're Malachi aren't you?" Zodiac questioned. "You killed Deathswitch."

"Cain killed your Commander Deathswitch." Malachi corrected. "I killed a lie."

Zodiac let out a heavy sigh before continuing. "Whole lotta shit happened while I was gone. Can't believe how bad you all let it got at one point. And it seems that in my absence, there has only been one constant. But that's not what's important right now, is it?"

"I have heard about you, you're one of the five original Infinium Commanders. It was you, Nyx, Deathswitch, Cypress and Phantom; what a tragedy that was. First there is you, a wayward psychopath, then the sociopath that was Cypress." Malachi outstretched his hand towards Zodiac, a skull of purple energy appeared floating above his palm.

"Then there is Deathswitch, who you probably did not even know had a son himself. Which, let us not forget, is the same thing he had Nyx hunted down for years for. Then, for the last of your little group, Phantom, the one who never even wanted to live the life you all forced onto him."

"What Crow did to him was but a mercy that he welcomed with open arms." Malachi crushed the skull in his grasp.

"You motherfucker!" Zodiac jumped forward and slashed both his swords down at Malachi. "You think you have us all figured out, don't you?"

Malachi stepped back, calmly dodging the swings from Zodiac's electrified swords. "I am not a fighter Mr. Turner, so I pride myself in my ability to gather knowledge." Speaking while dodging under wild sword slashes, he kicked a sword out of Zodiac's hand. "That is the reason I can tell you know who the son of Deathswitch is."

Jumping back to dodge a slash of electrified energy, Malachi pointed past Zodiac. "The son of the man himself."

"What the fuck are you blabbering on about?" Zodiac turned his head to see that Malachi was pointing at none other than Captain Yaeger. "Captain Yaeger?"

"Deathswitch kept his son a secret from you all for years while hunting down Nyx." Malachi walked up to Zodiac and leaned into his ear. "I can tell you who his mother is, a discovery that would surely shock you or I can tell you who the father of Nyx's son is. Or how about I tell you the reason why Deathswitch sold you out to Mariquel."

"What, did you just say?" Zodiac questioned while turning his head to be face to face with Malachi.

"I speak but truths." Malachi stepped back and let his exosuit recede from around his head. "It was Deathswitch himself which set you up to be killed that fateful day, I can tell you why."

"You just said earlier that Cain was actually Deathswitch." Zodiac argued.

"Therein lies the problem of trying to decipher the meaning behind most of his actions." Malachi gave his signature emotionless smile to Zodiac as he spoke. "Truth is, we still have no idea of when Cain killed Deathswitch and replaced him. Or of how he was even able to kill such a powerful man."

"Whether you believe what I tell you now to be the actions of Deathswitch or Cain is entirely of your own volition. And it is a simple reason really; you are an out-of-control beast. You killed your own men because of their fear they held against you. Your own second in command slain by thine blade, Captain Diablo, was it?"