Chapter 2: Wind of Change

Taking slow steps, Pyro let the inferno surrounding him do all the work. With each step his aura of fire would spread along the jungle and continuously burn more and more. Neither soldier nor vehicle could withstand the orange flames that mixed with the energy produced by his exosuit.

Bullets would melt long before they reached Pyro. Not even laser weaponry could survive the journey of fire it took to reach Pyro. That was until a kunai made of yellow energy pierced through the flames. Because of the flames, the speed of the kunai was slowed enough for Pyro to catch it before it reached his head.

Standing on a tree branch above Pyro was an exosuit user with yellow energy running through their exosuit. In the air behind them floated multiple kunai made of energy. Aiming their hand down at Pyro, all the kunai shot down at him. After a moment in the air, the kunai were countered by a blast of fire.

The blast of fire destroyed the kunai and caused the exosuit user to dash off the branch to dodge the flames. While the exosuit user was in the air, Pyro outstretched his hand toward them. A ball of orange energy and fire formed in his grasp. This ball accumulated energy and grew until it exploded out of Pyro's hand.

The explosion released a beam that pierced through the jungle and right through the exosuit user's leg. Since the exosuit user was in the middle of jumping to another branch, this caused them to miss the branch. They tried to grasp the branch but missed and fell, hitting the ground hard.

Before they even got a chance to get up, Pyro's foot came down like a guillotine on their throat. Pyro's foot was covered in flames that ate away at the exosuit users exosuit. As they began to thrash and claw desperately at his leg, Pyro simply pressed down harder on their neck. At the same time his leg crushed their throat, his aura of flames burnt and destroyed their exosuit.

"What an idiot." Pyro thought aloud. With the exosuit user dead, he drew back his foot and kicked them into a tree. Looking down at his hand, he watched as his exosuit began repairing itself. Though he was only able to stand for a moment before a dozen more exosuit users landed around him.

These exosuit users all had black cloth rapped around them, like the one before. Each one held either a kunai in their grasp or a katana. After taking a moment to examine each one, he clenched his fist. A moment later a shockwave of flames exploded from his exosuit that sent a couple of the exosuit users flying back.

Pyro dashed forward, dodging a sword and delivered a fire filled punch into the face of one of his enemies. After that he stomped on the ground, sending another shockwave of flames through the jungle. Using the flames as cover, he grabbed another by the face and began to burn through their exosuit.

As the exosuit user screamed in his grasp another came up from behind. With his left hand, Pyro pointed at their face and snapped. A beam of fire exploded from his fingertip and disintegrated the upper half of the exosuit user's body. Feeling his hand melt through the other exosuit users head, he dropped them without looking and turned to face the remaining exosuit users.

"Any of you mind tellin me who ya work for?" Pyro asked.

Before any of them could even think about his question, Pyro dashed forward. Unable to react in time, the exosuit user could only watch as Pyro's fist pierced their chest. After ripping his hand out of their chest, Pyro grabbed them by the head and smashed them into the last remaining exosuit user.

The exosuit user tried to block Pyro's punch but instead got their arm grabbed. Both looked into each other before fire exploded from Pyro's hand, burned through their arm and then into their face. As they stumbled back, Pyro drew back his leg then sent it flying into their already burnt head.