Chapter 5: Always a Bigger Fish

A light breeze caused trash on the ground to shift and sway back and forth. This continued until a larger breeze picked up the trash. The small scrap of newspaper now floated with the breeze down a destroyed neighborhood. The houses surrounding it were reduced to rubble and actively burning.

At the end of the street, where the trash floated towards, stood an exosuit user by the name of Gravedigger. And surrounding him was Infinium Elite Squad: Arazia's Reapers along with Infinium Agent Reaper. The soldiers stood on top the rubble of the destroyed houses, aiming experimental HCLR's down at Gravedigger.

Standing a couple yards away from Gravedigger was Reaper, who had a black exosuit with red energy running through it. He watched as Gravedigger grasped the black and red energy knife sticking out of his side. Ripping out the knife, his exosuit repaired itself almost instantly.

Gravedigger wore a tattered black hood over his exosuit, revealing only his glowing red eyes and a similarly demented smile. His exosuit was a standard silver with black energy running through it. Chains materialized out of nanotechnology from each of his palms that he them wrapped around his wrist. Raising his arms up, he began to spin each chain in the air around his body.

Each of Reaper's soldiers raised their weapons and began to fire at Gravedigger. Not that any of the energy blast could reach him because of the way in which the chains spun around him. Then, in a split-second motion, he shifted his arm aggressively causing a chain to jerk around and pierce through the head of an Arazia's Reapers member.

The chain then wrapped around the headless soldier's body and jerked them into another soldier. Unwrapping from around the soldier, the chain then retreated to Gravedigger. He then phased beside another soldier and grabbed them by the face. After raising them into the air, he crushed their head in his hand.

As the soldier's body dropped to the rubble below, Gravedigger caught them by their foot. He did this because a moment later, Reaper jumped out of the soldier's shadow, knife aimed to slash his throat. But instead of being able to slash Gravediggers throat, Reaper was sent flying back into the ground by Gravedigger using the soldier's body like a baseball bat.

The force behind Gravedigger smashing the soldier's body into Reaper completely eviscerated the soldier's body. This left only the soldier's ripped off leg in his hand and splattered blood and gore all around him. Gravedigger then tossed the leg to the ground then watched as it rolled down the destroyed building and landed beside Reaper.

At this point Reaper had already jumped off the ground where he had crashed into. And seeing the leg of the soldier roll up beside him only succeeded in pissing him off. Taking a step up the rubble, his shadow began to expand across the ground up towards Gravedigger. A chain suddenly burst out of the ground beside Reaper and flew towards his face.

Before the chain could reach his face, Reaper's shadow expanded under Gravedigger. This resulted in Gravedigger's foot falling into the shadow and coming out of the shadow beside Reaper. He then began to sink into the shadow that lay under him. Grabbing Gravedigger's foot that stuck out of the shadow beside him, Reaper tightened his grip.

Reaper yanked Gravediggers foot up, causing him to fall all the way into the shadow under him and burst out of the shadow beside Reaper. With him in the air, Reaper jerked his arm down, smashing Gravedigger into the rubble. Not that it would be enough to even leave a scratch on someone like Gravedigger.

Reaper jerked Gravedigger in the air again, hoping to get another attack in. But that would not be as Gravedigger whipped around in the air and kicked Reaper in the face. A shockwave of energy exploded from the impact, sending Reaper crashing back through multiple destroyed houses and even a couple buildings.