Chapter 21: New War New Me

Dashing forward, Crow deflected Azrael's scythe into the ground before jabbing his sword towards Azrael's face. Yet even though the tip of the blade was mere centimeters from Azrael's face, he was able to react in time and grab the sword by the blade. He then kicked Crow in the stomach, sending him sliding backwards.

All of a sudden while Crow was preparing to dash forward, he phased away onto the side of a nearby skyscraper. Luckily for him it was just in time to avoid the meteor that was Rampage who fell from the sky, punching the ground where Crow once stood. The punch so powerful it created a shockwave of energy that destroyed the entire city block, causing all the skyscrapers along the street to fall.

"Jack Monroe, Rampage, Zaraph and Azrael." Crow thought to himself while running along the falling skyscraper and dodging lightning blast. "Calm down Crow, you just need to survive another thirty seconds."

Watching Crow run along the falling debris to avoid an onslaught of lightning blast, Rampage jumped up into the air towards him. Landing on the piece of debris Crow was on, he sent a kick flying up to Crow's face. And when Crow successfully dodged the attack, he stomped his foot into the debris, destroying his and Crow's only solid ground.

The two were freefalling for a moment before Jack flew past Rampage and punched Crow in the stomach. This sent Crow flying backwards where Zaraph appeared behind him and placed his palm on his back. A blast of lightning then exploded into Crow's back propelling him into the ruble below.

Before Crow could even try and stand, Rampage flew down from the sky towards him. Rampage landing on the ruble sent debris flying into the air. "Where'd you go fucker?" He asked as Crow reappeared behind him.

Slashing his sword down into Rampage's shoulder, Crow was filled with Suprise when it shattered instead of slicing through flesh. "There you are." Rampage reached back and grabbed Crow by the throat. "You fucking rat." He cursed as energy began to swell around Crow, Azrael's scythe quickly closing in on Crow's neck.

"Toodles" Crow flipped Rampage off before he suddenly disappeared from Rampage's grasp.

Rampage simply stood there, his arm falling back to his side as Azrael spun his scythe around and let it rest upon his shoulder. "They're gone." He stated while sitting down on a piece of ruble next to Rampage.

"Teleportation" Jack informed before walking up beside Rampage, the mechanical raven on his shoulder. "Most likely the work of a machine rather than one of their members."

Zaraph walked up to the three, dragging Ian and Lone Star behind him. "The blind one's still alive...don't know about the other."

"Just lay em down right there." Jack ordered. "Got someone already on the way." Right as Jack finished speaking, Scout, Rika and Rook teleported beside him. "Check and see if Lone Star's still alive please." Jack asked Rika. Giving a nod as she walked past him, Rika kneeled beside Lone Star and placed her hand over his chest.

Without a word, Rika simply looked back at Jack and nodded her grimly from head side to side. She then stood up, walked over to Ian and kneeled beside him. After placing her hand over his chest, her green energy began to flow down into him. "He'll live."

"Was that Muerte I saw cowering behind Crow earlier?" Rampage asked aloud.

"Along with Rez." Zaraph confirmed.

After a moment of Scout and Zaraph conversing, Rook suddenly stumbled past Jack, his exosuit receding from around his face. "What's going on?" Scout asked while Rook leaned over and began to hurl out his lunch.

Everybody then looked to where Rook once stood, and everybody fell silent, the mood suddenly turning grim. On the ground beside a piece of ruble was a mangled body with an unrecognizable, mutilated severed head lying beside it. The sheer amount of blood still pouring from the body a sign of their recent demise.