Chapter 15: Old World Grudge

Examining the exosuit user, Fade watched blood drip from their left hand down to the ground. On their left hand, the exosuit user wore a gauntlet with two-foot-long jagged blades protruding from their wrist. With the main energy color of red flowing down their right arm, there was a slight hint of purple energy to go along with it.

"You know Killjoy, you really are so much like your father." Fade began to walk forward, his tail whipping around and destroying the ground around him. "A savage beast in need of being put down."

"I'm really getting tired of people telling me that." Killjoy sneered. Grabbing a mass of nanotechnology from the ground, he threw it to Fade's feet. "That one of yours." He added in a mocking tone as Fade peered down at the decapitated head of Thorn.

"Yea..."that" is one of mine." Fade said solemnly as Magna finally reached the battlefield, Sheila following close behind her.

"That mark?" Killjoy questioned upon examining Magna. "Thats Wardens mark. What did you do to him?"

"I killed him." Magna answered with an empty tone.

"Sounds like he finally got what he wanted by the tone of your voice." The voice of Captain Forger spoke from behind Killjoy. "A death worthy of a true warrior, it's all the idiot ever hoped for. And by the look of it, he passed Sheila down to you."

Taking multiple steps forward, Fade spoke. "Shut up, will you."

"Take on the girl." Killjoy said, walking towards the oncoming Fade.

While Killjoy took his next couple steps, Forger backed off to the side and outstretched his arm towards Magna. Then returning in kind, Magna dashed past Fade towards Forger. With those two fighting it out, Killjoy phased to Fade's side and threw a punch towards his face. But his punch was deflected when Fade's tail whipped into his hand.

Merely standing while his tail did all the work, Fade watched all of Killjoy's attacks get deflected. "You don't understand how tempted I am to tell you who your parents are." His tail suddenly swooped down, smacking Killjoy's foot out from under him. Then grabbing Killjoy as he stumbled back, he threw him to the side.

Killjoy jumped up off the ground after rolling through the dirt for a moment. "Then why don't you?" He said while charging at Fade.

Dodging a jab from Killjoy's gauntlet with only atoms to spare, Fade countered by shifting forward and hitting him with a palm strike to the face. "The absolute certainty that your father would rip me apart." As Killjoy stumbled back disoriented, he closed the distance and delivered multiple blows into his body.

"I'd be fine with that right about now!" Killjoy yelled as he grabbed Fade by the throat, drew his head back and headbutt him hard enough to break his stance. "Fuck!" He let out in an exited tone.

"Yup" Fade thought while backing off. "Just like his fucking father!"

Not giving Fade enough time to think any further, Killjoy phased right in front of him. He then sent a jab aimed at Fades face that he dodged. What Fade did not dodge was the right hook he moved directly into. But as he was hit with that, his tail wrapped around Killjoy's leg, yanked him into the air and then slammed him back down into the ground.

Before Killjoy had the chance to recover from the attack, Fade sent an energy infused kick into his stomach. Fade, putting a massive amount of energy into the kick, sent Killjoy flying towards the facility. A facility that was now being plagued by disastrous explosion and energized fire.

Rolling to a stop, Killjoy pushed himself off the ground and peered over at the burning facility. "What the hell is going on in there?" Killjoy coughed. While rising back up to his feet, a massive explosion blew apart the main section of the facility.