Chapter 10: Alea Iacta Est

Dashing through the jungle. Boss slashed his katana into the air. The slash let out a wave of energy that rose like a tornado into the air. After a moment, the energy then began to swirl into a single point. And finally with a snap from his left hand, the energy began exploding throughout the air as if it were a fireworks display.

"If that doesn't get his attention than I don't even know." Boss said to Wolf as they watched the show. They then jumped up into a tree and out the top. Jumping through the air, the two landed on top of a nearby mountain. Once at the top, they jumped again onto the tallest tree and surveyed the surrounding jungle.

By the time Boss and Wolf were able to finish scanning the area, Boss's white energy from before began trickling down from the sky. The energy fell slowly towards the ground like snow. This assured Boss that a wide range of land would be covered in the hopes of finding Scout faster.

"For fucks sake, we've already been out here a couple hours." Boss complained into the open air. "Where is that idiot?"

After Boss finished, a slight breeze began to pick up causing the leaves around him to shuffle. But he felt something off about this breeze, something familiar. Taking a closer look at his surroundings, he could see the slight trace of energy in the air. Focusing on the energy, he examined it further.

"Well shit." Boss chuckled while examining the red energy. "Did that motherfucker actually survive?"

A sudden shockwave of red energy exploded up into the sky a good bit way away from Boss and Wolf. Seeing this energy exited Boss as he jumped from the tree towards the energy. Landing on top of a tree branch, he stopped for a moment before bursting forwards at incredible speeds.

The initial burst of speed caused the tree behind Boss to blow apart along with the trees surrounding it. Now moving at just below Mach speed, it only took him a couple seconds to reach the sky where the red energy exploded. Scanning the area below, he spotted Vermont standing where he killed him.

Stopping upside down in the air, Boss jumped towards the ground. Hitting the ground like a meteorite, the surrounding trees were all swept away in a wave of energy. Simply standing there as the dust settled, he waited to see Vermont for himself. And once it did, he let out a laugh of amusement at Vermont.

"So that's what happened huh." Boss stated in an exited tone. "Two losers leeching off each other to survive their death."

Vermont turned his head revealing a piece of Dues Venandi's armor where Boss shot off a part of his head. Staring at Boss with his orange left and purple right eye, Vermont turned to face him. Raising his hand, a bandana of orange energy forming in his grasp that he then wrapped around his eyes.

"Dying...it hurt" Vermont informed softly.

"Believe me kid, I know." Boss said as his white aura began to grow.

"Wh-what the hell." Vermont said while wincing in pain. Grabbing at his face, his purple eye began to glow. A moment later, a shockwave of orange and purple energy exploded from his exosuit.

"Not looking to good there." Boss pointed out while drawing his katana from his waist. "That monster's communicating with you ain't it. What's he saying?"

"It's...screaming at me." Vermont said as his purple eye burned through the bandana. "Trying to figure out what the hell you are. Says there's something wrong with you."

"Hmph" Boss let out while taking a step forward. "Try and entertain me will you."

Boss suddenly phased in front of Vermont where he slashed upward. Outstretching his hand, multiple cards of energy formed between him and the sword. While the cards did succeed in blocking the slash, Vermont was still sent flying back from the force. Flying into the air, Vermont aimed his hand down where Boss stood, and multiple cards flew down towards him.